Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
AWESOME! Nothing like a grown up who is still in touch with their inner child! :thumbs_up

Are you LARPing?

Ray :shade:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dress up and go to renaissance faires (is that LARPing?). I have 3 different knight tunics that i wear. I also have a robin hood/woodsmen type outfit as well. Our faire puts on a long bow competition and Im going to try it this year. Last year they made it out to 60 or 70 yrds i guess so it should be interesting. Im just starting at this traditional stuff.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Are you in the SCA, I have been a big SCA archer for many years, they are great pictures.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Definitely! LARP stands for Live Action Role Playing

Ray :shade:
LARP more often refers to actual specific roleplaying... sets of rules, other players, story lines, goals... you could LARP at a ren faire, but ren faires aren't inherently LARP... :teeth:

·
Registered
571 Posts
Sorry, but you look like one of the bad guys in the film "Kingdom of Heaven"; I think you need a different tunic.

Our club shoots mostly FITA, but there is a small group of trad archers that shoot barebow ILF rigs and/or glass/wood recurves and longbows for 3D.

Our town has a medieval market each September, and they always ask us to set up a shooting booth. Medieval dress is mandatory for participants. While we only have one SCA guy and no LARP folks in our club, it is always a fun day.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, but you look like one of the bad guys in the film "Kingdom of Heaven"; I think you need a different tunic.

Our club shoots mostly FITA, but there is a small group of trad archers that shoot barebow ILF rigs and/or glass/wood recurves and longbows for 3D.

Our town has a medieval market each September, and they always ask us to set up a shooting booth. Medieval dress is mandatory for participants. While we only have one SCA guy and no LARP folks in our club, it is always a fun day.
That is exactly where I got my tunics from. All three that I have are exact replicas from that movie. I even have a autographed KOH picture of Orlando Bloom. There is a new Crusades movie coming out end of this year called IRONCLAD.

I haven't had a issue but I have only shot once with the hat and Im sure my form isnt that great. The hat I am wearing is called a "kettle hat" and I beleive 11-12 century. Don't quote me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts