Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from clearing some shooting lanes and stopped by and checked out my new Moultrie trail camera. It had a dead battery when I got there, I thought no big deal because I left it out there for about 3 weeks. Got it home and only had 8 pictures and the 4 of them were white outs. I think the battery only lasted about 4 days because all the pictures were from the days right after I put it up. There was plenty of deer sign all around the area where I put in the camera.

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the same problem with my Moultrie. Batteries dont last. I even have a solar charger and it still goes dead. You get more white pics than actual pics usually.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I have 3 Moultrie's and I never have a problem with them. I just checked my Moultrie Gamespy 200 tonight and the memory was full on the 256MB SD card and the battery still showed 70% good.

Just make sure it's the correct battery (amp. hr.) and test it under a load to make sure its good. Sometime those batterys show they are good until you put a load on them.

Archermike

·
Registered
17,328 Posts
Man, IF I just had a dollar for every complaint I've read on the forums about the Moultrie then I could buy a few more Cuddebacks!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My next trail camera will be the new Bushnell Trail Sentry 2.1. The reviews I read about it on chasing the game said it is about as quick as the Cuddy and takes more pictures when side by side. The best part is that it only half the price.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I have the moultrie 200 and i cant complain about it one bit!! I have it out for 3 days, go check it and I still have 99 % battery life!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I have a Moultrie 3.1 and i'm well pleased with the battery life I get from mine.I've got the solar panel hooked to mine.I like my Moultrie anyway.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
REDRUFF

Cool picture of the doe. Looks like she's 3 legged......LOL:tongue:

·
Registered
673 Posts
my moultrie 200 works fine. I think the battery lasted 7 weeks. I did have a problem with the flash being to bright so I put a piece of wax paper over it. This seems to have worked. Wouldn't mind having a cuddy back, just can't afford to have one stolen

·
Registered
70 Posts
vpier said:
Whats causes the white outs????
Im gona go out on a limb and say that it is the light reflecting off water particles. Iguess its like driving trough the fog with your high beems on it just makes matters worse. Thats what i think any ways.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’m taking back the camera luckily I know a guy at the store I bought it from because I don’t have my receipt hope to get store credit. Just bought the Bushnell Trail Sentry 2.1 from opticsplanet.net for 139$ free shipping. With the Moultrie the battery was one of the problems but the biggest issue was the weak/slow trigger. I would have to stand right in front and wave my arms for the camera to trigger. I didn't have the 200 I only had the 100$ camera, but I know I will not get a Moultrie again.

·
Registered
427 Posts
RE: Camera

I'll give you a report on the Bushnell as soon as I check it. I just bought one from skyoptics.com ($123.45) and set it out for the first time. I wanted to have a 2nd camera(a cheaper one) to go with my Leaf River.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Bushnell Trail Sentry 2.1.

I think I might try this one next year. I cant complain about the Cuddeback Excite, but I think they are a little expensive. Let us know how it works. Good luck.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I bought a couple moultries at walmart last year & they work great. I put them out around end of july with solar charger still says 99% charge. I have been getting around 30 to 50 pictures every week. I know mine is an older model.

·
Registered
28,624 Posts
The guys I know that use the Moultrees agree the battery situation is bad. One of the guys is thinking about using a motorcycle battery. In view of everything that might be a good option.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts