Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like ST's and have been using them for a few years now but I am experiencing something strange. They are flying nice and straight with no left or right drift but are exactly one pin high at all ranges. My 100gr Stingers and Strikers are dead on with my field points. I have never experienced this before. I have put them on a scale and they are 100gr. Anyone have any suggestions? I really want to put my ST back on.

· Registered
14,752 Posts
I really like ST's and have been using them for a few years now but I am experiencing something strange. They are flying nice and straight with no left or right drift but are exactly one pin high at all ranges. My 100gr Stingers and Strikers are dead on with my field points. I have never experienced this before. I have put them on a scale and they are 100gr. Anyone have any suggestions? I really want to put my ST back on.
move your rest down a little or the nock point up a little and see if it helps.

· Registered
14,752 Posts
Mine are doing that also , you say drop the rest about 1/16th ??
Its easier for me to do that , than raise my nock height..
it might not take that much,,,,you'll just have to try it.

· Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now if I move my rest to correct the flight of my ST is that going to change the impact of all my arrows and broadheads that are hitting correctly now?

· Registered
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I will keep the Strikers on my Fire since they are shooting so good and set my GTO up when she comes back for the ST. I have not shot anything with the Strikes but they look good.

I wish I could figure this out.

· wannabtradguy
15,328 Posts
if my arrows are flying true but they arent hitting where I want I wont move my rest. I only change it if my arrow flight needs tweaking. I'd just move the sight up a tad or use the other heads.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.