Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
looks very good ! I dont see anything wrong.... now as for your follow through i cant see that... but from what i see ... perfect !

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
You look to be leaning on your front foot a bit in the first pic, check that you are displacing your weight pretty evenly. also, lose some of the tension in your bow hand. It LOOKS as though you are holding it open a bit instead of letting the fingers rest, but maybe thats just how your hand is at rest?

Either way, very nice:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
looks really good...just widen the stance up a bit about shoulder width to get a better balance and a 50-50 weight distribution

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Your bow arm elbow joint is not vertical. But if you don't get clearance problems don't change it.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
You leaning into it. I can't tell but your lift shoulder my be rolled into far. Your stance is ok ,but try putting your right foot out just a little farther and keeping you shoulders at the same angle Heres a diagram showing what your doing the red line are were you are at and the yellow line is were you should be at. Usually you see others on here do just the other way around. The axle to axle red line should be parallel to the yellow line

Good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Dont wanna hi jack the thread but why is form so important........If your hittin where your aimin I dont see why it matter.kinda like golf you dont need a perfect swing as long as your hittin straight..........dont wanna start anything just curious

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
Dont wanna hi jack the thread but why is form so important........If your hittin where your aimin I dont see why it matter.kinda like golf you dont need a perfect swing as long as your hittin straight..........dont wanna start anything just curious
In golf you aren't relying on body position and fit to provide stability from bone on bone alignment and relaxed muscles. To a point I do agree with you, but there are some "guidelines" to follow in archery that allow for a much steadier aim.

·
Registered
507 Posts
form is important in golf too. all good players look nearly identical from about two feet behind the ball till about two feet in front of the ball.

Good archers all seem to have some things in common too, low shoulders, grip, head position elbow alignment.

accuracy is also a matter of perspective.

·
Registered
4,596 Posts
Form and dl looks good, the only obvious problem I see putting your release arm out of alighnment is the release itself. Looks likes your hand is slipping out of the release. Put the strap on like you would wear a watch. Then you will get your fingertip off of the trigger and deeper into the bend of your finger so you can pull through the shot.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK, so after reading the suggestions thus far, I went outside & shot a little this morning. Here's what I did:

• Widened base; corrected forward lean
  • Noted peed felt a little low, raised peep maybe 3/16"
  • Feeling a little "loose" in my anchor point; tightening release on wrist took care of that.
  • Shot a few arrows at 20' to get sighted back in.

I took a 30 minute break & then shot four 5 arrow groups from 40'. I had a couple of flyers, but overall I feel like my 40' group size shrunk by 2" :eek: :dancing:. Yesterday I would have told ya it was a loose 5" group. Today, it's like a sorta tight 3".

Thanks alot guys!

And I'd like to add that this is what makes this site great! I've only been shooting a bow for 7 years. I am completely self-taught. I've learned vitrually everything I know about archery/bows/bowhunting from this site & the great people here who are so willing to take the time to help fellow archers!

Thanks again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts