Archery Talk Forum banner

My Weekend Bow Press

8471 Views 36 Replies 31 Participants Last post by  PRidd17
I put this together this weekend. The legs will come off of the press for storage if needed. The fingers were made from 1/2" keystock I welded 4 pieces together then bent them all at the same time in a Hydraulic press. I also used angle Iron for the finger mounting with a slot cut in it for the finger adjustment.

What do you think?

Kris

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Banned
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that looks awsome man :thumbs_up

make me one :wink:
Thanks!!

I had fun putting it together!! I might consider building a couple more for sale BUT I'm not much of a welder so I would not feel safe sending you something that I've welded:tongue: Not that I'm afraid that this one is going to fail!!! Just one of those things.

But I think it turned out pretty good.

Kris

· Registered
974 Posts
looks good I plan on building one very similar, but havent figured out how im gonna do the fingers yet.

· Registered
801 Posts
Nice

Very nice. I kind of had your idea for the finger manufacture but wasn't sure how it would work. Now I know. Thanks. I have all the parts now only thing I seem to be lacking is the time. Thanks again and real nice job.:thumbs_up:RockOn:

· Registered
5,226 Posts
I am considering building parts that folks can attach to the harbor freight jacks so the non-welding public can have a DIY press too, everything would be bolt on :)
Of course I am trying to come up with a different type finger to keep from getting in trouble;)

· Registered
633 Posts
I am considering building parts that folks can attach to the harbor freight jacks so the non-welding public can have a DIY press too, everything would be bolt on :)
Of course I am trying to come up with a different type finger to keep from getting in trouble;)
From what I have read, I don't think it's just the fingers that are getting people letters in the mail, it's also the method in which the bows are pressed - linear and screw type.

I think, not 100% positive on that.

· Registered
5,226 Posts
But would bolting said parts onto a trailer jack be a problem??? I would not be selling the jack, just jack attachments???

· Registered
633 Posts
But would bolting said parts onto a trailer jack be a problem??? I would not be selling the jack, just jack attachments???
I have no clue, my comment was more FYI then anything else.

I would love to see a "kit" made to where someone could go to a local store and buy a square body jack of specific size range and bolt on the required attachments - wouldn't be hard at all.

Believe me, when I was building mine it went thru my head more then once. And even have some drawings for it. Was going to make it's primary function a draw board ... and as a by-product could be reconfigured into a press.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.