Archery Talk Forum banner

My Wife, and Ghetto DIY fishing rig!!!

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sticknstring1 
#1 ·
Well my wife has been asking me for some time to put together a fishing rig of some kind for her bow so that she can take it out froggin' instead of a gig..... I spent a good deal of time thinking about how I wanted to do it and finally came up with a shoot through thing with a coffee can... it works really well and at 20yds her pins are still perfectly on, though I doubted that 20yds would be a realistic shot on a frog that we spotlight!!! So tonight she ask me if we could hit a local slough and give it a whirl, and we did, she missed the first 2 frogs we found and then she absolutely smoked this bog ole' fat buffalo right in the head!!! She was stoked as you can see from the picture, but she went on to miss three more frogs!! Oh well after a shot like that on the fish.

Fish Fishing Recreational fishing Recreation Jigging

I'm going to post the rig in the DIY forum if anyone is interested I plan on refining it slightly but honestly after a 15lb buffalo fell to this I really don't see a real need to refine a whole bunch, although it could look a little better!

Steve

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats to you and your wife, nice shooting and good fish.

#4 ·
thats better than what i used to use. me and a buddy didnt have money to get reels so we just put milk jugs in between the stabilizer and the bow, we cut off the tops of the jugs and would just coil the line inside the jug it worked pretty good all summer long for virtually no money. now i have a retriever but its still the setup i use on my back up bow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.