Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I just got back from a successful archery bear hunt in Canada.I am pretty proud of my wife. Not only is she beautiful but she also hunts with me. I just taught her archery a year and a half ago and she has taken two whitetails and a bear with her bow!!!! The bear guide had never had a woman in his camp. She shot this bear 7 miles from me or anybody else as this is typical for bear hunting. We were in Canada and no handguns are allowed and she was unarmed except for her bow. When the guide arrived to help her track it after her cell phone call to him he was amazed that she was already out of her treestand and tracking. He said that most of the men that hunt in his camp won't get out of the tree after shooting a bear till he arrives. She took the 3rd largest bear in the camp this year. We are trying to break into the TV hunting industry as there are only a few hunting couples into this market and it is an untapped market basically. We'll see how it goes; we are going to do a lot of hunting together and filming each other this fall as we need video. She was on hoyt.com for photo of the week and you can still see her in sept photo archives. HCH

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
best of luck to you in your endeavors. We will be rooting for the both of you.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bowhuntin_kid said:
That's awesome!! Great bear congrats! What part of Canada? What outfitter?
Watershed Outfitters, Gogama ON

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Back at a Buellhunter!!!! Howdy!! I shoot the breeze with you and others about archery without that crappy slow server on the other site. I like it!!!!
HCH

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
welcome aboard HCH and HOYTgirl....... nice bear. :wink: Fast server is right.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Thats an impressive trophy record for only a year and a half! Congratulations!

Jim

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Awesome job, tell her congrats!

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys!!!! Opener deer is Oct 1st. We are ready!!! HCH

·
Registered
552 Posts
We are trying to break into the TV hunting industry as there are only a few hunting couples into this market and it is an untapped market basically.
No offense, and I wish you guys good luck:thumbs_up but I for one think the cutsy hunting couples are getting old. the only reason I think it worked for Lee and Tiff is they kill some huge bucks, and she is drop dead gorgeous.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
What is getting old to me is crappy shows like Jackie Bushman and all of the other canned, fenced hunts on TV. Also we are only into bowhunting. My favorite hunting show is Archer's Choice. No "cutsy hunting couple", just kickarse real bowhunting of all types of animals. We live in IA and we have the big bucks right here. Yea, my wife is pretty hard to look at. LOL.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
Congrats great job, give details on set up if you would draw lth, poundage,arrow wt,broadhead.Once again congrats

·
Registered
8,470 Posts
Congrat's great looking bear & wife .Good luck with the show I'll be watching .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts