Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

My wife shot bow for the first time the evening. I think she like it. She did not do bad at all. I had fun trying to find my arrows. It was a lot of fun. It was funny listening to her talk about the nock ponit and the release. I feel like she enjoyed.

Just figured I would let you guys know.

Deer/turkey

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Now she will understand why you like archery. Get ready to spend more on equipment,,,,,,, for her!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sounds good! I got my gf a bowtech Rascal had to sell the first one i got though was 40lb way to much for her. Ended up getting a 20lb model which works alot better for her little arms. She hasnt shot that much but i took her to her first 3d shoot last weekend and she did pretty good! she was doing better then me till about 15 shots later when her arm was getting tired. Otherwise she had fun!
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Cool little bows, the Rascal. Looks like it fits her very well and also looks to be very well outfitted. Get her a bow sling and have her relax her grip..

Good luck!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
walks with a gi said:
Cool little bows, the Rascal. Looks like it fits her very well and also looks to be very well outfitted. Get her a bow sling and have her relax her grip..

Good luck!!
Thanks! Ya those rascal bows are pretty nice setups! I got lucky and got a collection of modules and ended up using a 21" instead of what i thought she would use in a 22". Her matrix sight and whisker biscuit and stablizer are all my extras off my spare bow :mg: lol so she has pretty much the best stuff. The thing im missing the most has to be my realese i let her use my Scott Archery Little Goose. I love that release its so small. Im left with my old realese which is much larger and not as nice. Oh well i better get some brownie points :angel:

As for the sling i seen a few people on this site that make custom ones im thinken of getting one made in the colors of her bow. I think she would like that. I really never used a sling but i do have one on my ultratec and even though i dont have it fit tight on my hand i think i shot better with it on there just knowing somthing is there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
walks with a gi said:

Good luck!!
Ditto!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Yup a sling is one of those few accessories in archery that cost very little but help with the mental aspect of the shot bigtime. PM Mike on AT. He makes custom coloured bow slings for around 8 bucks shipped.

Cheers,

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
Great maybe someday I will get to share in that fun also.

·
32,710 Posts
I bought my wife a Genesis bow and she will be shooting it for the first time this week-end. She's all caught up in the Chihuahua puppies for the moment we just had. Well, I mean our female Chihuahua just had!

·
Registered
33 Posts
My wife has just started getting into archery also. She's now the proud owner of an Alpine Micro and a dozen Carbon Express Thunderstorms. It's fun watching her shoot.

She's one of the few women I've ever met who love to pull triggers. She's happiest with a pistol or rifle in hand but since we've got three little ones at home our rifle and pistol range time is very limited. Shooting archery in the back yard seems to be a good compromise for her.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
166 Posts
Sounds good guys! I was looking at that Alpine micro to. From what i remember it was very very adjustable! The big hit with the rascal is all the modules needed. Like i said i got lucky in getting a mixture of modules for it to find her exact draw since i had no idea.

I also got a pm from a user stating that if I was having trouble grouping change out the whisker biscuit for anther rest. He said that low poundage bows and whisker biscuits might cause arrows to fly erradic. Just letting you guys now. There has been a few shots that went not were she thought thay were supposed to... I was just equating that to her being a beginer but maybe ill throw my quick tune rest on there and see if it makes a diffrence..
Thanks for the help guys... and good luck with your wives and gfs..
Mike

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Schargedsonoma.

That is a nice picture of Lincoln Bowmans outdoor line. I noticed it right away. See you at the club.

Bowman Member,
Russ Holton :wink:

·
Registered
166 Posts
:smile: Yup that sure is lincoln bowman! That was a few weeks ago when they had there outdoor 3-d shoot. Had her taking some practice shots to make sure she was sighted before we went out on the course. Its pretty funny we must of got off course somwhere and only did 15 shots. But her arm was getting tired so i decided to call it a day. I wanna sign up for the r100 and just shoot the 50 targets, so i better get her arms pumped up soon. I heard its their going to have some cool targets so should be fun.
Mike

Also i ordered a sling from mike for her bow. Good deal 8 bucks for a custom sling now thats a deal!

Russ Holton said:
That is a nice picture of Lincoln Bowmans outdoor line. I noticed it right away. See you at the club.

Bowman Member,
Russ Holton :wink:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts