Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last year I told my wife I was thinking about getting a new bow. I haven't shot in a few years due to the lack of time and money to purchase a new bow. So she says to me, let's go to the archery shop. Once there, I tried many bows from Hoyt and PSE. She kept asking me, "You like that one?", for each bow I tried. In the end I told her that the bows were too expensive and we had other needs for the money. I dropped the subject. I do not need "stuff" to be happy, I find my happiness within me and my family. On Christmas 2010, after we gave all the children and family their presents, my wife left the living room with my stepson and returned a minute later with a long box all wrapped up. She had bought me the bow I wanted! A PSE Supra! I was in total shock. I love my wife with all my heart and soul and happy to be married to the greatest wife I can have.

Dave

·
the bow is not the boss!
2,608 Posts
Yup got to look long &hard for them kind so when ya find them take good care of them! I know I do!

·
Registered
74 Posts
My wife lets me buy the stuff I want/need. That's about all I can ask for. Life is better with a good women by your side. (P.S. She is about to give birth to my first daughter any moment now)

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Last year I told my wife I was thinking about getting a new bow. I haven't shot in a few years due to the lack of time and money to purchase a new bow. So she says to me, let's go to the archery shop. Once there, I tried many bows from Hoyt and PSE. She kept asking me, "You like that one?", for each bow I tried. In the end I told her that the bows were too expensive and we had other needs for the money. I dropped the subject. I do not need "stuff" to be happy, I find my happiness within me and my family. On Christmas 2010, after we gave all the children and family their presents, my wife left the living room with my stepson and returned a minute later with a long box all wrapped up. She had bought me the bow I wanted! A PSE Supra! I was in total shock. I love my wife with all my heart and soul and happy to be married to the greatest wife I can have.

Dave
You must be shooting that bow all the time if it took 9 months to post that story.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I told mine every day last year I needed a new bow then i got one and she said thank the lord I dont have to hear it every day you need a new bow so the next day after I got it i texted her and said I wish i had the money for a new bow she came unglued

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Good story :thumbs_up, even better wife.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts