Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I took my wife on her first bowhunt.On arrival we met the very friendly owner Johan.He waisted no time and took us to the blind.Unfortuneatly a troop of [email protected]#&*^g baboons ruined her first oppertunity when they spooked a nice impala ram.With this hide you have 3 slots to shoot through.After a while a kudu cow appeared,but due to Belinda' s shortness she could not make a clear shot from this specific window and eventually the cow departed.I could see that she was dissapointed.I told her that it is very important for the animal to stand broadside or a little bit quartering away before taking a shot with this low poundage and that patience is the name of the game.She practised enough and I was full on confidence about her capabilities. There were also a lot of warthog,but no shootable ones.So we waited patiently for an hour or so before a nice male warthog arrived.Belinda was very relaxed,at least much more than me or the guide.She made an excellent shot,a little bid too forward,but when I saw the blood pumping I knew he was not going to make it very far.We waited for 15 long minutes before we took the spoor.After 20 minutes we found him aprox 80-100 yrds away.The Diamond Rapture at 45 lbs with a 3555 GT behind a 100gr Crossfire did a great job.The arrow stopped against the far shoulder .A well placed arrow out of a bow is surely a very effective weapon.I (and Belinda) am very proud!! BELINDA VLAKVARK 118.jpg

·
Registered
331 Posts
Congrats to her on the hog, Nicely done.

·
Get out and shoot!
3,798 Posts
Congrats on the wart. Good shooting!
Wow, is that thing ugly. How do they taste?

·
In constant pursuit of...
8,435 Posts
Awesome and Congrats.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
I have always wanted to run an arrow through one of those hogs! They're so ugly they're beautiful!

Give your wife a pat on the back from me, great shooting.

Kev:)

·
Engee Potgieter
5,888 Posts
Congratulations to your wife with a very good Warthog. Good shot!

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Congrats on the piggy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts