Archery Talk Forum banner

MYBO Wave question

8K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Draven Olary 
#1 ·
I'm thinking about a Mybo Wave but someone mentioned in the Lancaster comments section that the dovetails in the limb pockets are only held in by the left/right adjustment screws. As he mentioned, most every bow I've ever seen have the dovetails held in place with a screw into the riser leaving the adjuster screws to do nothing but center the limbs. Does anyone own this bow and have anything to say about this? Is it an imaginary problem or something to consider? Thanks - Carl

#5 ·
This is a pretty common design.

Never owned a Mybo so can't say whether theirs is up to snuff, but the concept is something manufacturers, for example W&W, uses pretty regularly.

With how W&W does it, it's not just screws, but a sort of "threaded dowel" system for the lack of a better description. I've never taken them out fully, but if you removed the screws and moved the dovetail bracket around you can get a better look at it.

In any case, you're (ideally) never really pulling up on the dovetail bracket anyways, so it's a moot point.

Product Yellow Electronics Bumper Auto part
Electric blue Button

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.