Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 32 and my daughter is currently 10. She had an interest last year in learning to shoot a bow so my bf bought her one. He has since not helped her get started so I am taking this into my own hands. I, too, would like to get into and think this would be a great mother/daughter activity! I am in Mount Pleasant, PA. Is anyone nearby or have any connections this way? I don't have a bow yet either and honestly am not that strong (only 105 pounds). I would love some suggestions!!! Thank you :wink:

·
Registered
180 Posts
You should definitely find a good Bow shop out your way. Our best closest one is an hour away but it is well worth the drive. They can set you both up correctly from the start with the right draw length and bow for your size. They can show you the basics and give you the knowledge and equipment you need to go home and practice. You can go back periodically for them to check form or there may be a club in your area as well. Shooting targets in preparation for hunting is so much fun! Even if you never wish to hunt...archery sports are a great hobby.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Great! Admitting it is half the battle. Now remember... one day at a time... Oh sorry. I have a slight addiction to archery and I was relapsing there a bit.

Good luck in you and your daughters adventure into Archery.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Sometimes 4-H clubs will offer archery. I know we have a dedicated archery club in my county.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow - I had no idea I would get so many responses so quickly. Thank you so much. I didn't even think about 4-H as being an option. Can't wait to get my own setup and start mastering it!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Go check out your local shops. Most of them have leagues and offer lessons. I have 2 shops locally and they both offer lessons and do a lot with kids, it is incredible. Welcome to the addiction!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts