Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone catch the Mythbusters show on the Discovery Channel? They were trying to literally robinhood an arrow just like in the movie Robin Hood starring Eroll Flynn.

(It is on right now) 11:25pm Central time

Rchr

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
In case you did not see it

Like I said before they were trying to "robin hood" an arrow but were unable to so they claimed it to be a "Busted Myth". What they wanted was to split the shaft of a wooden arrow from nock to tip of shaft. They even tried to do it with a bow shooting machine much like the "hooter shooter" but no luck. They also had a bunch of guys that were traditional shooters and were taking part in a Renaissance festival taking up the challenge.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
ha...ya i just watched it

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Somebody send them one. :tongue:

·
Registered
332 Posts
they didn't prove it couldn't be done, only that they couldn't do it on command. there were more than a couple things i found fault on. poundage being one of them, shaft integrity, grain in the shafts....etc. i don't know if adam and jaime could have done better but i think the builders should be builders and the experts be the experts. all in all, i like to watch mythbusters, but i think this issue could have handled better.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mythbuster is a great show.

I do enjoy Mythbusters alot. You might take into consideration the fact that wooden shafts are different than what we are used to. The shafts that we use today like aluminum, carbon or Alum/Carb. offer no resistance once the other shaft is in. That being said it would of been a different outcome if they would of used bamboo shafts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts