Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to put it out there what a great experience I had buying maps online with these folks.

First, I have nothing to do with the company! Second, I have ordered maps on three different occasions from them and they are the model of efficiency.

The map that I just got from them is for 3200 acres of steep rolling Ozark timber land with almost no open spaces. The maps I now use are Sat photo with Topo overlayed on top. This might be common knowledge to folks out west who hunt but I never realized how much easier it was to understand the terrain features on a property with this tool at your disposal. Since you can't SEE in front of you for more than a hundred yards on this place, it's easy to get turned around and lose your bearings. This map puts the whole place in perspective like I can't believe.

As for the process, I can't say enough. Outlining my boundary and choosing the map was easy but most impressive was the fact that I ordered these maps from South Florida late Sunday night on the internet, they were processed, printed and laminated on Monday morning, and I had them in my hand, from Billings, MT to Hobe Sound, FL via first class priority USPS mail on Wednesday at lunch time. I can't say enough about how pleased I am with the maps and the service.

This may sound like SPAM but I hope folks believe me and utilize this great service if you have a decent size hunting property you are trying to figure out, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
What does something like that cost?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Price really depends on the size of the map and the type of paper they print it on. If you want a giant 36x48" poster laminated or on waterproof paper it will be more than one to hang up indoors to study. The one I just bought is like 18X24 on laminated waterproof heavy duty stock and it was Topo over Sat photo with GPS grids for around $30 bucks and it looks bulletproof. I know it will hold up forever being spread out on truck hoods and looked over.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
No complaints from me, they just aren't needed any more. Bought a mapping software, hooks up to online maps and communicates with my GPS. If I want a good print I'd call them.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have used them a few times.......nothing but positives........I paid right around $50 for a 2 foot by 2 1/2 foot color labelled and heavy duty laminated aerial photo. Worth every penny because at nite the guys would gather around with colored erasable markers and strategize

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly right. We all have smart phones these days and I have a Topo app on my Iphone that is the cat's ass, but for studying the whole map and making a plan each night around the camp where everyone can look at it, the map is indispensable.

I have used them a few times.......nothing but positives........I paid right around $50 for a 2 foot by 2 1/2 foot color labelled and heavy duty laminated aerial photo. Worth every penny because at nite the guys would gather around with colored erasable markers and strategize

1 - 9 of 9 Posts