Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That'd be NOTHING 4 Life!

It'd be pretty hard for me to say I'll buy the same brand of bow (or car or anything else) for the rest of my life. What if they, all of a sudden, change their technology to something I don't like? I've owned a lot of different bows and can remember thinking when I got my Hoyt Raptor Carbonite with the Master Cams that it was the cat's meow. Great shooting, smooth bow that I shot some great scores and killed a LOT of deer with. But then Hoyt went to the Cam.5 which I have not liked yet as hard as I try.

Before my Hoyt I had a bunch of Bear bows. They were great too! And then Bear went all one-cam (in configurations I just didn't like) and cheapened the whole line for the box stores. Right now, both my bows say Mathews . . . . but I ain't married to the company or the brand or the bows. So I'll happily remain . . .

N4L

·
Registered
8,187 Posts
Well I'd have to wager that more than a few of the recent M4L converts will be Fill in the blank__4L down the road. Nothing like the promise of a free bow to make you say your something your not.

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
TREESTANDSNYPER said:
Well I'd have to wager that more than a few of the recent M4L converts will be Fill in the blank__4L down the road. Nothing like the promise of a free bow to make you say your something your not.
:hand:

Get over it Mister Jealous Pants!! :tongue:

The only blank I'm filling in is on a deer tag. You know why? Cause I said so. ....:cool2:

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Mr. October said:

It'd be pretty hard for me to say I'll buy the same brand of bow (or car or anything else) for the rest of my life. What if they, all of a sudden, change their technology to something I don't like? I've owned a lot of different bows and can remember thinking when I got my Hoyt Raptor Carbonite with the Master Cams that it was the cat's meow. Great shooting, smooth bow that I shot some great scores and killed a LOT of deer with. But then Hoyt went to the Cam.5 which I have not liked yet as hard as I try.

Before my Hoyt I had a bunch of Bear bows. They were great too! And then Bear went all one-cam (in configurations I just didn't like) and cheapened the whole line for the box stores. Right now, both my bows say Mathews . . . . but I ain't married to the company or the brand or the bows. So I'll happily remain . . .

NOWWWW Honey...you ain't NOTHIN'....your SOMETHIN'..... so it's either "S4L"

...or "NEUTRAL"...."N"4L!!!!

No matter what keep shooting and having fun at it.......Indoors is just around the corner....

"PREGO"...It's in There!!!...sometimes
:mg:

·
Registered
11,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Neutral for life . . . I like that better.

N4L

GOT LUCKY said:
Mr. October said:

NOWWWW Honey...you ain't NOTHIN'....your SOMETHIN'..... so it's either "S4L"

...or "NEUTRAL"...."N"4L!!!!

No matter what keep shooting and having fun at it.......Indoors is just around the corner....

"PREGO"...It's in There!!!...sometimes
:mg:

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
A4L (Archery For Life) for sure!!!!
...and i hope to shoot many different brands in that time.:)

·
Banned
8,373 Posts
Mr. October said:

N4L
Maybe you missed the point of the M4L movement. It's more of a promotion of archery in general.

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Yep!

Joel C said:
Maybe you missed the point of the M4L movement. It's more of a promotion of archery in general.
Thats is exactly what it is JoelC...a promotion of archey at a grass roots level...That is how our sport is going to grow....Poeple don't have to be a part of it, they don't have to like it.....but they can't deny it!! ;)

·
Registered
16,392 Posts
PUG said:
Thats is exactly what it is JoelC...a promotion of archey at a grass roots level...That is how our sport is going to grow....Poeple don't have to be a part of it, they don't have to like it.....but they can't deny it!! ;)
Alot of people dont realize it that archery is the fastest growing sport in the nation....:amen:

·
NC ASA Director
35,989 Posts
Joel C said:
From the M4L website...

The mission of Martin For Life (M4L) is to support, sustain, promote, and create an enjoyable environment for archers through camaraderie, competition, and involvement with the various aspects of archery world wide

Sounds good to me. :wink:

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
sagecreek said:
Sounds good to me. :wink:
Sure sounds alot better than nothin' for life doesn't it.:)

·
Registered
11,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Joel C said:
Sorry . . . my N4L bit was a bit more of a reaction to the other threads that have cropped up such as Bowtech 4 Life . . . Mathews 4 Life, etc.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Mr. October said:
Sorry . . . my N4L bit was a bit more of a reaction to the other threads that have cropped up such as Bowtech 4 Life . . . Mathews 4 Life, etc.
No worries, Pete, some of us picked up on it, and some didn't.
Maybe it's that Pa. Dutch influence?
But I knew right away what you meant, and I have to side with you on this. Not knocking what Martin is doing with this project, just saying that some people seem to get a bit carried away with this "4life" thing.

Ted

·
Ad Meliora
17,252 Posts
tedlebo said:
No worries, Pete, some of us picked up on it, and some didn't.Maybe it's that Pa. Dutch influence?But I knew right away what you meant, and I have to side with you on this. Not knocking what Martin is doing with this project, just saying that some people seem to get a bit carried away with this "4life" thing.

Ted
Totally agree...it will be hard to keep the mouth shut when these loudmouths make a switch in a couple months or years. "MR RYTERA" especially....:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts