Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's official! Be it blessing or curse we at Evergreen Archery Club have been awarded the 2008 NAA Field Championships / World trials. We have known about 07 for some time, but have been awaiting word on 08. I have had a thread going earlier that requested input for dates and have settled in on June 22-24, 2007 as per requested by many, so remember that I have taken your names down and expect to see you there:wink: In all seriousness the 2007 is the "OFF" year as you know so bring along a few shooters with each of you and lets make it one of the best years yet.
I look forward to meeting a lot of new competitors and seeing our repeat offenders again.

Thank you,

Jim Cowgill
Evergreen Archery Club

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Yahoo! Congratulations Jim, you and your club's hard work has been rewarded (or punished depending you your point of view).

I'm looking forward to seeing what the dungeon master can come up with for next year. I am already practicing shooting with one foot above my head - I just know that will be the next thing you inflict on us! ;)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Hey Jim,
How about a pre-tournament affair so those of us that don't get to shoot field a lot have a chance to get some arrows in?

·
Registered
36 Posts
stodrette said:
Hey Jim,
How about a pre-tournament affair so those of us that don't get to shoot field a lot have a chance to get some arrows in?
:wink: Sounds like quite an offer there Jim!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pre-tournament

OK! I know that I'm a gluten for punishment, but that is insane.:eek: Then again I was demanding 2008 the day after finishing 2006 championship and team trials.
So would it be a half and half marked unmarked 12, each single day shoot? I would need a 20 person commitment minimum. This would be a fun shoot no trophies. Maybe a little bread breaking and some wine, strictly medicinal of coarse after the event. I can't believe that I'm even considering this!
Super "X" be sure to place that one foot that is over your head behind your right shoulder!

Jim Cowgill
Evergreen Archery Club

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Bowmn said:
OK! I know that I'm a gluten for punishment, but that is insane.:eek: Then again I was demanding 2008 the day after finishing 2006 championship and team trials.
So would it be a half and half marked unmarked 12, each single day shoot? I would need a 20 person commitment minimum. This would be a fun shoot no trophies. Maybe a little bread breaking and some wine, strictly medicinal of coarse after the event. I can't believe that I'm even considering this!
Super "X" be sure to place that one foot that is over your head behind your right shoulder!

Jim Cowgill
Evergreen Archery Club
LOL!

Hey how about a weekend where you can go hog wild setting up the most challenging shots you can imagine -think of it as a dress rehersal for some of your meanest and wildest imaginings ;). Let people shoot both days (hardly worth the drive/fly for one day) and shoot for bragging rights

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
SuperX said:
LOL!

Hey how about a weekend where you can go hog wild setting up the most challenging shots you can imagine -think of it as a dress rehersal for some of your meanest and wildest imaginings ;). Let people shoot both days (hardly worth the drive/fly for one day) and shoot for bragging rights

I like it! Then we can sit around and spin tales of our accomplishments:confused: And then during the week, when you have to set up the Nationals course- if allowed, we can help:wink:

You gotta like how I volunteer everyone, eh???:darkbeer:

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
stodrette said:
I like it! Then we can sit around and spin tales of our accomplishments:confused: And then during the week, when you have to set up the Nationals course- if allowed, we can help:wink:

You gotta like how I volunteer everyone, eh???:darkbeer:

I will gladly help set up for Nat's ;)

Love to spin tales and hear all about Sweden and the whole world team experience. I sure wish I could have been there with you guys!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
NW Sectional Field at Grangeville

And for all of us who LOVE to shoot Field, the NW Sectional Field will be at Grangeville ID, on 16-17 June -- the weekend before the NAA National.

The NW Sectional is an NFAA Field (Black and White targets, 10-80 YARDS, marked distance). We shoot 28 Field and 28 Animal on Saturday, 28 Hunter on Sunday, 4 arrows per target (except the animal) so you will get PLENTY of shooting.

I haven't ever shot Grangeville's range, but I will BE THERE!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Jim,

Thank you for the update on the dates for this coming June and Congrats on getting the 2008 bid! I have marked my calendar and will start making plans.

OUTSTANDING! I better start stretching the hamstings and quads now! :eek:

Once again thanks for all the efforts!

Steve

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Chopper94 said:
Jim,

Thank you for the update on the dates for this coming June and Congrats on getting the 2008 bid! I have marked my calendar and will start making plans.

OUTSTANDING! I better start stretching the hamstings and quads now! :eek:

Once again thanks for all the efforts!

Steve
Steve we really missed you this year - hope you can make it for sure next year :)

Crystal

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks for that Super X. I really missed being there. My wife and I had every intention of being there this past June but we had some major issues that kept us from coming. Those are now somewhat resolved and I should have no problems making it this year. Maybe we get paired with DC again. :rolleyes:

Hey, BTW, Hows WA treating you?

Later,
Chop

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Loving the northwest - it is really beautiful and you know 1st hand the caliber of archery out here :)

I was with Dudley and Van Natta this year - very lucky to get to be with two world team member.

hope everything is well with you and Rita - didn't get to see you in Vegas last year but hopefully this year and for sure in June!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts