Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Archery Coach
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any news? the first day of 90/70 often show who is going to contend since the scores at 50-30 are pretty even and by Wednesday everyone is on form normally

·
Archery Coach
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks-I wonder what the conditions were

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
NAA Outdoor

Looks like Mary Zorn is already starting to pull away from the pack after just one day. Dave C and Braden have a pretty good lead in the male compound with Dave only one point ahead of Braden.
Jbird

·
Archery Coach
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the closest thing to a sure bet in the championships (other than Carol Pelosi to win the ladies crossbow:D [30 or so titles]) is Dave. Recurve men was rather interesting and its nice to see Karen Scavotto back in form

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Hey ya'll from Reading PA!

we had slight drops of a real quick shower this morning but otherwaise turned into a very wam day!

Brad Rega had a great day so far posting a 666 and I have shot my season personal best for both distances of 70 and 60 meters for a one day total of 574. We both are looking forward to an awesome day tomorrow.

Wish us luck and we'll keep ya posted!

Scoobs

·
Archery Coach
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks scoobs-sorry me and the lizard aren't there-say hello to Julie Cotrill for us. Keep shooting well:D :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
MENS RECURVE

1. Scott McKechnie 655
2. Richard Johnson 632
3. Christopher Shull 631

WOMENS RECURVE

1. Karen Scavotto 643
2. Stephanie Miller 631
3. Lori Cieslinski 627

MENS COMPOUND

1. Dave Cousins 690
2. Braden Gellenthien 689
3. Roger Hoyle 680

WOMENS COMPOUND

1. Mary Zorn 690
2. Erika Aya La Brie 683
3. Becky Pearson 675

Lets hope the weather holds up for some more excellent scores!!!:D

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I was surprised to see that the Ragsdales aren't shooting. Have they retired? Are they taking a break from competing?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Scoobs and Brad........

If you guys have a camera, can you possibly take 1 or 2 shots of the Wheelchair divisions?

Great job shooting you two.....Keep hittin' the middle...OK

Brad, nice comeback after Nationals....Way to put that behid you.

A personal best......Congrats. How are the short distances treating you?

·
Registered
245 Posts
i just want to send congrats!! to margot stuchin of the junior female recurve division, at the age of 14 she shot a 1312(?) and was only about 10 points back of karen scavatto for the fita. She would be in2nd place in the senior female recurve.

GREAT SHOOTIN!!!

steve

·
Registered
245 Posts
o yea senior male compound

1. Dave 1401
2.roger hoyle- 1390
3.Braden-1389

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Broken X -

We'll try our best to take pics of the wheelchair division - I know they shot same time as I did today.

As far as me - my all time personal best on a full fita was accomplished today - 3 points shy of my goal of a 1200. I shot a well deserved 1197.

Scoobs

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
Congratulations Dave!

With all the excitement about Mary's 1401, I think Dave's 1401 is getting overlooked. And his was at 90,70,50, and 30 Meters!
Quite an accomplishment.'
Jbird

·
Archery Coach
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jbird-true but 1400's have been shot several times by the guys. Mary's was the first ladies 1400 ever.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
So True

I am celebrating Mary's 1401 with everyone else. But 1400 + scores are certainly not an everyday occurence for the men. Funny how extraordinary shooting (1400+) can become ho hum.
I don't recall any 1400's in New York. By the way, I was there and watched Kenny Barnes break the first 400X400 with those Model 12's and Model 42. Now you can't win a big shoot without one.
Jbird

·
Archery Coach
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ain't that the truth JBird-shot a 398 and came in 3rd at a not even state shoot. dropped one in the 20, one in the 12:rolleyes: . Got the 410 title though.

I would have thought that the ladies would have broken the 1400 point barrier first. Certainly in recurve, where the Korean girls as well as Natalia Valeeva shoot the same 72 arrow 70M qualifiers (Natalia had the second highest recurve qualification score at the last European championships), the first 1400 will be on the ladies distances-I suspect a couple guys could break 1400 on that field right now-Frangilli (now holder of every world title at least once) has shot 1380 or so in practice-trade that 90m target for a 60 and up goes the points.

I noticed Mary's 70 on her 1401 was 6 points lower than what she shot at worlds. Adding her best effort at each distance up, you see the potential for 1410 or so

·
Archery Coach
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
must have been windy today (Men's recurve and ladies compound shot long distances in the PM I believe)-not one Male recurve shooter broke 300 at 90

1 - 20 of 20 Posts