Archery Talk Forum banner
  • Enter in this new Contest Sponsored by Walmart for your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I was practicing with my new elite ritual 35 and on my second to last round I split my nock with an arrow but did not full on do a robin hood I was excited and a bit disappointed at the same time.

Then on my last round for the evening I finally did it! I screamed like a school girl at a bieber concert! (I've only been shooting since Christmas and just a week and a half ago got this bow)
My last bow was a cheap barnett vortex hunter bow about $150. Not a terrible bow but something to make sure you like shooting before you get into anything fancy...... but my groups have become way tighter its awesome...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha I bet I want to try again to see if it was 100% luck or 50/50 luck and practice but my arrows are made in Nebraska then shipped to me so kinda get pricey really fast

·
Registered
684 Posts
Nice job. And I agree with everyone else...the first one is cool. Then it gets expensive and even a bit nerve wracking wondering if you've splintered/compromised arrows that will blow up on the shot.

Remember to check your arrows before each shot.

Keep up the good shooting!

·
Registered
24,593 Posts
I want to get a single pin but bow supplies are currently on the back burner....

Currently have 3 kids and twins on the way. Lol no more spending money for me

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Congrats on your expected twins.....God has bless your wife and you with a "full quiver". You will certainly be busy with additional demands on your financial resources. We raised two total....cannot imagine two newborns at the same time.

I typically resell my prior accessory to fund a new purchase.....actually a used item from the AT classifieds. My past couple bows have been new, since the R35 leftovers are a fantastic deal with factory warranty....but all the accessories are prior owned other than the sling and Hi-Tek string stop. Apex makes a pretty decent single pin slider that resells for a reasonable price and would allow you to experiement.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Congrats, and agree with the getting expensive part. As well, make CERTAIN the integrity of the arrow is in good shape after ANY type of contact. You do not want an arrow failure on release. Don't ask me why I know:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats on your expected twins.....God has bless your wife and you with a "full quiver". You will certainly be busy with additional demands on your financial resources. We raised two total....cannot imagine two newborns at the same time.

I typically resell my prior accessory to fund a new purchase.....actually a used item from the AT classifieds. My past couple bows have been new, since the R35 leftovers are a fantastic deal with factory warranty....but all the accessories are prior owned other than the sling and Hi-Tek string stop. Apex makes a pretty decent single pin slider that resells for a reasonable price and would allow you to experiement.
Thank you Yes God is amazing! I'm currently looking to trade or sell my hinge release so I can get a new one

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24,593 Posts
With a wife, kids, tithe, house, vehicles and typical bills.....my recreational funding and hunting access was limited for a couple decades. Live right priorities and things will get easier, brother. Trade, resell, shop wisely and be patient.....sometimes learning to use what you have will make you better in the long run. The only thing I would suggest is trying the sight when you get a chance as I don't shoot as well in the woods with multiple pins....too distracting. Other prefer that configuration.

·
Bowhunter Emeritus
299 Posts
Yep, first time is cool beans, then it becomes $$$---cha-ching---$$$. And if you're breaking nocks and actually robinhooding, I'm guessing you're also doing a number on your vanes. Oh well, you'll want/need a Bitz eventually anyway.

Reminds me of a funny story... I was archery manager at a major box store about 15 years ago. Had a long-time (and skilled) rifle shooter stop by because he decided he wanted to take up archery. I let him try out a bunch of bows in the lane and could tell right away he had the potential to be pretty good at archery. Ended up selling him some model of Bowtech (can't remeber what) and everything that goes with it. Tuned him up, got his top pin sighted in (10 yd. shooting lane), and sent him on his merry way. Guy comes back a week later convinced something is wrong with his drop-away rest because "look at my vanes." I take one look and realize he's shot the crap out of his vanes... holes, tears, creases, etc. I said to him, "What size groups are you shooting?" He says he shoots "6 arrows into a raquetball-sized group." I asked him what distance he was shooting and he replied 20 yards. I chuckled and said, "Well, either move back to 30 or 40 or start shooting different spots." And the cherry on top of the sundae? At the time we weren't set up to fletch and repair arrows, so I told him he would either need to invest in a fletching jig and learn a new skill or buy a new set of arrows. He bought new arrows. LOL.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts