Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
X-Ray
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shooting Nano Pro's out of my vantage elite 28in draw
60lbs. 450 29 in arrow, I am not shooting them very well. they shoot a bullet hole through paper but just don't group that well. 110 grn point
AA says I can cut them down to 27.5 and the spine will be perfect. I just had to cut them down that far and find out there to stiff.
Should I cut them to 28 and give them a shot??
I am getting frustrated with this.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I had issues finding the right spine Nanos to use as well. I was shooting a Martin S4 both with Nitrous and Furious cams (I have 2 of 'em) at 28" draw with my arrow cut to 28" at about 56-57 lbs.

I bought 490s, started with 90 grains in the front...too stiff...went to 100 too stiff...said "I'm going to fix this" went to 120...too stiff...

I never could get those arrows to shoot right...they are way stiffer than what OT2 says they are...

I know this...Hornet shoots nanoXR 530 with 100 grain points cut to about 26.5" of shaft at 60ish lbs and just under 28" draw length...

I guess I would say leave them arrows around 29" of shaft and see how it goes...but I'm sure he'll weigh in with his experience...

BTW- the Carbon express chart has you in a 530XR and between a 550 and 500pro...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Nanos

For comparison I'am shooting a PSE MM with lf cam at 59# 30.5 draw
arrow is nano pro 500,s at 29" with 120 gr point
at first thought I messed up arrows would not tune very well
as a last ditch effort I started turning up the pounds (started with 53#per the calculated weight by there carts) now I'am at 59#s and the arrow paper tune ,walk tune back is right down the middle, and they group really well!

·
Registered
34,165 Posts
Get away from paper.... A bullet hole means nothing....nada...zilch. You can get a 26" 2613 with a 100 grain point to shoot a bullet hole from a bow shooting 45 lbs.

They aren't shooting because your way off on spine.....why would you have them cut to 29" to start if your draw is only 28"? :noidea:

But don't cut them down....sell them and get the correct shaft. The CX chart...OT2 and TAP are correct....I don't know why guys use what's available to them.

Nanos are stiff....Jarlicker put my 530s on his spine tester....it showed around the 480-460 range which is what I would shoot if I shot an Easton shaft. I shoot XRs and the Pro is even stiffer....you should probably be shooting a 550 for the best results. That's what I would shoot.

Your specs are close to mine...very close actually your draw is less then a 1/4" longer and we shoot about the same lbs....I started shooting 490s when they first came out....they flew and grouped good. But the 530s group better and are more forgiving.
My specs...
DL...27.80"
DW...58-60lbs
Shaft 26.85" or so :wink:
Point...110 grains
Vanes..187 FF with a 3" wrap

Perfect match on OT2 with my Katera XL and my Pro Elite with spirals and 2000s and they worked great from my PE with 3000s and C2s.

550 Nano Pros are what you need IMO....and cut them to the right length...27" or less :wink:

·
X-Ray
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok well

if I sell the Nano Pros on at I will be lucky to get 250 dollars out of them, and I am not setting someone else up at my expense.
I have shot these arrows clear up to 62 lbs which is way more than I want to shoot for field archery currently shooting 57lbs.
I checked AA for the spine I suppose there off, :thumbs_do

thanks for the input guys. I will atleast try the 120 grn points again.

Bare shaft shows that they are slightly stiff. I shot one at 30 yrds hits about 3 inches left of my fletched arrow.

I shot it at 60 yrds(not recommended) and it shot 24 inches right...

·
Registered
34,165 Posts
They are only "slightly" stiff because they are super long for your draw heck my indoor arrows aren't even that long or stiff....but I would also say that as far right as they hit at 60 they are more then "slightly" stiff....24" is a ton.

Your gonna loose money selling them...that's part of the game. I would rather loose money on them and get the right arrow then keep them and have an arrow that's not going to perform the way it should for you.

If your gonna shoot them then cut them down and let em eat.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts