Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't post here much,just lurk mostly,so I hope I put this in the right place..I just noticed the NAP 2-blade Bloodrunners. Have always wanted to try a mechanical,like the rage heads,but was always worried that one may not open up..Well it looks like the 2 blade blood runner has solved that problem..Its still fairly new and I can't seem to find many reviews on the net yet for them,so that brought me to post it here.Was wondering what you guys thoughts are on this head,or better yet,if anyone has actually used it i'd like to hear your findings on it..Thanks in advance..

http://www.newarchery.com/products/1-48/broadheads/bloodrunner-2blade.html

·
Registered
25,078 Posts
I havent used the 2 blade but used the 3 blade and liked it. I have shot the rage dont be worried about them not opening they have always opened on every deer I have shot the hard part is trying to keep them closed in your quiver

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only blade i've ever shot was the muzzy 3 blade 100grs..They shot fine,just want to play the field so to speak...Was gonna go with slick tricks,but these 2 blades have most definatly caught my eye..

·
Registered
25,078 Posts
I have shot alot of deer with the rage 2 blade and I can tell you I have never had a penetration issue and Ive never seen bloodtrails like that before

·
Registered
534 Posts
The only blade i've ever shot was the muzzy 3 blade 100grs..They shot fine,just want to play the field so to speak...Was gonna go with slick tricks,but these 2 blades have most definatly caught my eye..
So far, they have proven to be excellent heads on hogs. Two reports in the past 3 weeks of hogs taken with the 2-blade. Second report I just got today, 3 hogs down, all complete pass-thru's. Should be a video of the hunt on the NAP site soon.

If you do a search here on AT, there have been a few other threads where a couple folks have used them on turkey as well. :thumbs_up

·
Registered
889 Posts
So far, they have proven to be excellent heads on hogs. Two reports in the past 3 weeks of hogs taken with the 2-blade. Second report I just got today, 3 hogs down, all complete pass-thru's. Should be a video of the hunt on the NAP site soon.

If you do a search here on AT, there have been a few other threads where a couple folks have used them on turkey as well. :thumbs_up

·
Banned
9,743 Posts
I just picked some up today...all I can say is REAL sharp...some nice lookin heads...
I will probably try them on some hogs this weekend

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
I have the 3 blade bloodrunners since when I bought them the 2 blade ones weren't even heard of, I really like the bloodrunners, I would get the 2 blade ones but I allready have the 3 blade ones and I have only shot one hog with them yet so I'm not getting the 2 bladed ones yet, they should be just as good because the Cabelas archery catalog in the top gear pics the 2 blade Bloodrunner was the top choice for broadhead.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
I was hoping somebody would have tested them out. I think they look interesting too. Hopefully they'll be reviewed by a few people before fall.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
I have wanted to try the Bloodrunner so I ordered the 3 balde, but the 2 blade looks good too. I have read a lot more good about the 3 blade than bad. I would feel like the two blade should be fine.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I would love to try the 2 blade but it looks like it is barbed which is not allowed in NJ. :angry::angry:

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
I used the three blade last year on a doe and a buck.

Clean pass throughs and the blood trails were unreal.

I witnessed just yesterday as to what a two blade will do to the underside of a turkey.....needless to say I will have two blades and three blades in my quiver this fall.

I think this is the best broadhead on the market right now.

I shot my three blades to 80 yards last year with POI right on with my field points.

They are simply awesome!

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Cool deal, thanks! I just saw the 2" ones in person yesterday and was very impressed.

How do the new 2 inchers fly?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts