Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a diy for those who want all the great things of the apache but limbdriven instead of cable driven.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
-first you have to remove the nut that is on the bolt that goes through the launcher arm.
-then you have to unscrew the bolt.
-then pull the launcher arm and spring out.
-the spring has 90 degree posts that sit in holes in the launcher arm and main housing for the launcher arm.
you have two options for doing this next step.you can either find a spring that works in the opposite direction as the original and make the 90 degree bends or you can make a new spring that is a bit larger in diameter than the original,but the same length.this expanded size will allow for compression without binding the spring and bolt which will cause the launcher to not be able to move.i made a larger spring in my case.i made the 90 degree bends a little further apart across the circumference to put some pre-tension in the launcher arm.after you make your spring, you simply reassemble the rest.make sure you center the launcher arm in the center of the containment area and do not let the bolt rotate after that.while keeping the bolt static, put the nut back on and tighten it all the way down to the main housing.

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here is the end result. im trying to find a way to make a bracket that will allow me to attache the cord so that it is on the outside of the cable guard.i dont think this will be an issue with the pse im buying however.
image.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts