Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought some 2 blade bloodrunners after hearing good reviews and noting the reliability. i'm now hearing that they are really fragile and break. is this true? what experiences do you guys have with them?

· Registered
4,341 Posts
Well, I used them last month by mistake. I was elk hunting on a water hole and, right at dusk, a cow elk came in to water. I tried to shoot her with a 100 Muzzy MX3, but she ducked at 50 yards; and the arrow passed just over her back and actually hit the galvanized water tank. About three minutes later, a 5X5 bull came in to my left. At the time, I was hunting both pronghorn and elk so I had arrows for both in my quiver. I must have inadvertently grabbed the two blade Bloodrunner by mistake in the low light, and shot the bull slightly quartering away at about 35 yards. The arrow penetrated about 20" and lodged against the far shoulder. I could sharpen it a little and use it again. Don't seem to be one bit fragile to me.

· Registered
1,547 Posts
I have never shot one........I pers. don't like the big fat ferrule that they have. I would think that they would cut down on penetration greatly. If I was wanting a 2bl. head there are lots of other options I would use before that one.

· Registered
19 Posts
I have taken 9 whitetails with them....I love them so far..Shots were all 15 to 35 yds and all pass throughs....The head I currently have on my #1 arrow I have killed 3 deer with...I just sharpen it and keep shooting...Seems pretty reliable to me..Try that with a rage...

· Registered
486 Posts
I have taken 9 whitetails with them....I love them so far..Shots were all 15 to 35 yds and all pass throughs....The head I currently have on my #1 arrow I have killed 3 deer with...I just sharpen it and keep shooting...Seems pretty reliable to me..Try that with a rage...
Got a full set of rage that have all killed at least one deer and are in perfect shape and are still sharp what's your point? I shot three wild dogs with bloodrunners last year and they did great and are in great shape too but they seem to catch wind worse than any other head I know of

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.