Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ton of posts on them both....

I shot a Bloodrunner this weekend, FT perfect.

The Swackers have me scratching my head! Some say they don't open until in the animal, but just the first 1" until the ribs hit and force the blades out.

Who is actually shooting these, please post...THANKS!

·
Registered
24,955 Posts
they wont open until the prongs at the back of the head hit the body. which means a little entance hole and hope you get an exit.

never tried them but its the same concept as aftershock heads

·
bowonlywhitetails
16,757 Posts
just bought some blood runners, excited to try them out.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
They fly great. Is there a diffrence between the black and red???
I was told just a different color option.
No difference in the head.
Im thinking of giving the BloodRunners a try also

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was told just a different color option.
No difference in the head.
Im thinking of giving the BloodRunners a try also
I thought so, but I see the ads on TV and they claim 2.25" cut...

I like the head, it did seem to have a tiny bit of noise mid flight but not too concerned.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
2.25" cut:mg: i thought they were 1.5"..
How are they flying for you?

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
I shot a doe with the Bloodrunners two weeks ago and was very impressed. She only went about 10yds. Watched her drop her head and expire within minutes. Great entrance and exit holes devastating damage. I like the head it does make some noise at longer distances a hissing sound but other then that they fly great and work well.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2.25" cut:mg: i thought they were 1.5"..
How are they flying for you?
That's what I thought, that is why I was wondering on color.

They are 1.5" not 2.25 so I'm not sure what they are talking about...

·
Registered
397 Posts
Bloodrunners - Great

Swackers - Terrible. I really don't know why anyone would actually shoot a head that doesn't open until it's in the animal, and rarely leaves an exit.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Seems to me that the body of the Bloodrunner is pretty bulky. I would think that penetration would be less. Looks like a great BH for Turkeys.

Just my 2 cents.

BPShunter

·
Classifieds Administrator
39,368 Posts
I talked with Greg at NAP. The black color was just a color that the marketing guys thought would be better. No difference in the red from the black.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
they wont open until the prongs at the back of the head hit the body. which means a little entance hole and hope you get an exit.

never tried them but its the same concept as aftershock heads
I never shot them, but that was my thought! Those Aftershocks flew great but penatraion was not very good! :thumbs_do

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
The bloodrunners are great, just got back from a morning hunt and watched my buddy shoot a small doe out of the ground blind at 7 yards with a PSE Omen. The bloodrunner broke the spine completely in half and then stuck in a tree about 8 yards away. The hole it left through both sides was huge and no damage to the head at all. The difference between the red and black heads is the red ones were the ones they were having trouble with the screws coming out and they have fixed the problem with the newer black heads.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts