Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this rest on the '06 Tribute? Can it be locked in position?
Also, I was looking at the cable slide, and it appears to have some kind of hole for attaching a D. A. rest on it?
Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
This rest can be used as a standard prong rest, or as a fallaway. Simply leave the cable off from it and re-adjust the prongs for clearance. The spring tensioner can be locked out if wanted, but I would not recommend locking it out. You'll get a better launch with tension correctly set.(that is , with the rest only needing to support the arrow lightly at full draw.)
For fall away, the 2000 has the cable slide to hook the cable to, but it can just as easily be served to the down cable if desired.
Its a great rest and very reliable, as are all the NAP line-up.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I don't know if I want to keep the WB2 on it or not
Kevin

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttt

ttt

·
Banned
738 Posts
Nap!

I use this rest,it works great,i had a quad ultra rest before this,but my blazers had issues with clearance,,,i really like it,i like the idea that the steel cord goes to the cable slide and not the down cable,,,total clearance also,coated prongs,arrow holder,yep this is a nice rest,,,:darkbeer:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Michigander said:
This rest can be used as a standard prong rest, or as a fallaway. Simply leave the cable off from it and re-adjust the prongs for clearance. The spring tensioner can be locked out if wanted, but I would not recommend locking it out. You'll get a better launch with tension correctly set.(that is , with the rest only needing to support the arrow lightly at full draw.)
For fall away, the 2000 has the cable slide to hook the cable to, but it can just as easily be served to the down cable if desired.
Its a great rest and very reliable, as are all the NAP line-up.

Michigander,

Not trying to hijack this post, but is there an advantage to serving into the down cable versus the cable slide on the QT 2000?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
down cable

I feel dumb, but what is the down cable?
Kevin

·
Banned
738 Posts
not for me!

Not trying to hijack this post, but is there an advantage to serving into the down cable versus the cable slide on the QT 2000?
uummm good question...i would think keeping it off the down cable would be less resistance,also if its on the cable slide and you need to mess with it you dont need a press,to remove the rope,i know some people use those little footballs,but i dont like all that stuff,to me the cable slide is a better setup..since i dont own a bow press.but thats just me....................:darkbeer: .

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
razorjack said:
uummm good question...i would think keeping it off the down cable would be less resistance,also if its on the cable slide and you need to mess with it you dont need a press,to remove the rope,i know some people use those little footballs,but i dont like all that stuff,to me the cable slide is a better setup..since i dont own a bow press.but thats just me....................:darkbeer: .

I'm thinking the same thing!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pics

Any pics of how it is attached would be great.
Thanks,
Kevin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts