Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anybody use the 170 nap FOC broadhead out of their compound bow set up? Been thinking about it with a 31" easton 2514. 11.3 gpi should give me a total arrow weight of 631gr.
Right now Im pushing a 586gr 2514 at 251fps.
Ought to open a critter up!!

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
I'd use them out of my crossbow without hesitation but it definitely sounds like you got the muscle with your compound to back up those big broadheads! I have to ask, however. Magnus Buzzcuts in your signature to these?! That's a drastic change. What's driving you to contemplate the change? Bigger blood trails?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd use them out of my crossbow without hesitation but it definitely sounds like you got the muscle with your compound to back up those big broadheads! I have to ask, however. Magnus Buzzcuts in your signature to these?! That's a drastic change. What's driving you to contemplate the change? Bigger blood trails?
Just something different. Might knock a deer down with it. Hopefully it wont get up. Lol!!
I have a old hoyt bow at84# i play with. I only hunt with it when im not serious about hunting.( Aunt Marys deer farm).
Going to use the magnus 4-blade in 150s for shur this year with these fat arrows.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I haven't seen these heads but I'm all for high FOC and heavier arrows and the added penetration potential these attributes provide. Sounds like you definitely have the bow power to push your arrows, even with these heavier BHs, through just about anything that comes your way.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am absolutely considering using these out of my compound, but I think my arrows will be closer to 480 gr
I talked to one of the NAP staff about how much KE you need for these and they said 90 was great which is what i have shootin IBO
82nd airborne

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
That is a big cut. If you do it please post up pics and tell us how it worked for you. I researched on this and come up with no results, you may be the first.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
I just finished setting up some arrows to try the FOC out of my bow. I have good KE due to my DL. Finished arrow is 506 grains. Should be a good tree stand whitetail arrow.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
That is a big cut. If you do it please post up pics and tell us how it worked for you. I researched on this and come up with no results, you may be the first.
i think thefieldarcher posted a vid where he popped a deer with one from a crossbow a while ago.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts