Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys just switched to NAP killzones this year. From very first shot i noticed they whistle and make alot of noise flying through the air. Did not notice much arrow wobble, but was only shooting 20 yards. Also, they surely did not hit anywhere near where my field points. About 3-4" left of my field points at 20 yards. Shooting an Elite Ritual 30 (love the bow).

·
The Impartial Archer
17,614 Posts
Many of the mechanicals that have tips sticking out that grab hide to open can be loud in fight. Some are beveled and some are flat. I have never shot them but that and the long opening in the ferrule makes me think they sure could be.

Now there will be 40 posts that say it doesn't matter and 40 that say it does.......so do what you think is best because of those 80 people NONE of them will be in the stand with you............lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha very true. honest opinion so far... think i wasted my money and may be going back to muzzy Mx-3s or trocar. But will shoot them some more and may use them turkey hunting.

·
Registered
19,794 Posts
I've used Killzones for years now with great success but I've never used any that weren't made in the USA. Now that they're made in Taiwan or some place like that, I've not gotten any more. They are louder than a field point but I've not noticed them being louder than most fixed blade broadheads. I've also never had a problem with them hitting any place but right with my field points but I bareshaft tune and fixed blade broadhead tune my hunting bows so a mechanical shouldn't be an issue at all. Tune your bow and chances are you won't have an issue either.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
will say mine were shipped from China (covid-19 broadheads)

·
Registered
16,161 Posts
Been shooting KZ for 5 years now and none have been louder then any fixed head and usual quieter then most fixed.

Now let's get to them not hitting with FP that says bow isn't tuned/arrow not flying straight and causing noise. I even have some China made KZ they still fly with field tips. Most mechanical will fly with FP even if bow is untuned which says your bow might be way out of tune, fetching contact, arrow set up not correct like weak spine, arrow not square etc....

If you can't get a killzone to fly with FP then probably no fixed head will nor any mechanical will.

·
ONE DAY AT A TIME
4,165 Posts
Tune your bow!!! If hitting left it means tail right, on Elite you either bump rest to left or shim cam to the right. But your bow is way out of tune if the KZ aren’t hitting with the FP. As far as noise goes, I have never had a KZ that was loud, get your bow tuned then reevaluate.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
know i need to do some fine tuning with my broadhead choice, but as far as "way out goes" find it hard to believe when i can bury field points in a bullseye out to 50 yards.

As far as blade deployment goes the KZ made a great clean cut into my block. So it will def do some damage just thinking it may not fit my thin axis arrows well.

·
Registered
19,794 Posts
know i need to do some fine tuning with my broadhead choice, but as far as "way out goes" find it hard to believe when i can bury field points in a bullseye out to 50 yards.

As far as blade deployment goes the KZ made a great clean cut into my block. So it will def do some damage just thinking it may not fit my thin axis arrows well.
Bow tuning has almost zero to do with being able to group field pointed target arrows. Target shooters, even professional target archers, will purposely tune their bows to have nock conditions because they find that the bow might be more forgiving for them if they don't have perfect arrow flight. That's not the case for shooting broadheads though.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
tune your bow. you're arrow isnt shooting straight probably gicing them more of a hiss. these arent a loud broadhead

·
Registered
730 Posts
My wife has been using the Killzone and has had great success with them. They fly true and haven’t noticed any adverse noise. She will be using them again for our upcoming Wyoming antelope hunt in 12 days.

·
ONE DAY AT A TIME
4,165 Posts

Then you know nothing about a tuned bow. It’s definitely not the broadhead, it’s your bow!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts