Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you on here use nap mechanical broadheads??? i never did until my neighbor gave me 12 for free yesterday.....are they any good??? are they sufficient for deer hunting???.....they're 100 grains....i'll prolly try em out today

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
blindfly69 said:
Do any of you on here use nap mechanical broadheads??? i never did until my neighbor gave me 12 for free yesterday.....are they any good??? are they sufficient for deer hunting???.....they're 100 grains....i'll prolly try em out today

What are your specs on your bow?

I have been shooting them for awhile and have no problems.

·
Straight Shooter
5,653 Posts
They do everything an expandable broadhead is supposed to do....fly accurately, and cut a large exit hole. Just try to stay away from the shoulder, and take shots on deer that are mostly broadside. You definitely want to try (just like with ANY type of broadhead) to try to get the arrow to at least stick out the opposite side of the animal. There won't be much to the bloodtrail if you don't get a passthrough with an expandable, because they don't open up until they are fully inside the animal. With the draw weight you're shooting, you shouldn't have a problem though.

Good luck to ya.

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
PAKraig said:
They do everything an expandable broadhead is supposed to do....fly accurately, and cut a large exit hole.
Sorry, Kraig, but I disagree with this statement. A cam-action expandable broadhead like the Snyper or Rage creates large entrance and exit wounds.

Best Regards,
Byron :)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The Shockwave's are awesome heads. I've used them for the last three years with excellent results, all quick kills and very good blood trails.:wink:

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
blindfly69 said:
...are they any good??? are they sufficient for deer hunting???
blindfly69,
Sounds like you lucked into some good broadheads! :thumb:

They're excellent for deer and very accurate! I own both the Shockwave and the Scorpion XL, but have only had one shot/one harvest with the Scorpion XL. :) As yet, I've not had an opportunity to use the Shockwave.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57

·
Registered
525 Posts
PAKraig said:
They do everything an expandable broadhead is supposed to do....fly accurately, and cut a large exit hole. Just try to stay away from the shoulder, and take shots on deer that are mostly broadside. You definitely want to try (just like with ANY type of broadhead) to try to get the arrow to at least stick out the opposite side of the animal. There won't be much to the bloodtrail if you don't get a passthrough with an expandable, because they don't open up until they are fully inside the animal. With the draw weight you're shooting, you shouldn't have a problem though.

Good luck to ya.
i tried the spitfires last year and shot a doe and a ten point buck and didnt get a pass thru and had a short awesome bloodtrail a blind man could

1 - 9 of 9 Posts