Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone use one of these on a TEC riser? The cable is just barely rubbing on the back part of the riser between the rest and the cable guard. I also cannot seem to get a slight right tear out of the paper tuning. The bow is shooting well and grouping well even out to 40 yds., but this bothers me a bit. Could this tear be coming from the flexing of the arrow? I know that normally for a release shooter the arrow flexes top to bottom, but is it any different for a drop away rest? Could it be flexing side to side? Any help would be appreciated.

FYI - Hoyt Cybertech 03, 29", 65 lbs., Gold Tip 5575, 100 gr. tip.

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
There are all kinds of gimmick fixes for this... I tried them all....

I found the perfect fix.... find someone without a Tec riser and sell the NAP to them ....buy a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter problem fixed.....:D

·
Registered
265 Posts
I had the same problem with my cybertec. The problem was the fletching was hitting the cable. make sure that the spring tension on the rest is turned up all the way. You want the rest to come down as fast as possible. Also try making the the cable longer. The rest should come up at the last part of the draw. I played around with the cable length and got it to work great.

Budman

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
what budman said

sounds as if you may be getting some contact from a buss cable maybe.

you may want to try using some spray foot powder or lipstick and see if you are getting any kind of fletch contact,
you could be slightly torquing the bow too.

other than that if you are getting good groups and it is shooting good dont worry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts