Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the 2" vanes on the NAP QuikFletch work on bows with speeds in the 240fps range or do I need a faster bow for such a small vane to work? Currently I'm using the standard vanes that come on the ST Epics(3 7/8") but would like to be able to re-fletch them when I mess up a vane and I didn't want to spend the cash on a fletching jig if I can help it. This looks like an easy way to fletch an arrow without all the hassle.
I just need to make sure that they'll stabilize my arrows before I plop down my money for em'.
I can get vanes replaced at my local pro shop for .50 cents each which would be $1.50/complete arrow. NAP QuikFletch would be about $2.50/arrow but I could do it myself at home which would be nice. So, any thoughts on how these would work on an older, slower bow. Any difference between the standard QuikFletch and the QuikSpin version? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Just did a set today!

Installed a set on my ACC arrows. Wanted something simple and for hunting. the total weight of 2" is 35g to back of arrow. I cut mine down to 4" and got my arrow weight at 428 compared to 431 with full length wrap. I think the quickspins will work but what kind of setup have you used before on fletching. The quick spins work great and have about a 1degree offset also plus the little kicker on fletching. My 82 airborne shoots around 272fps with a 428g arrow at 29.5DL. My dad has a brigadier with a 420g arrow and I was gonna reccomend this fletching to him and he's around 248fps for his ACC arrows. Those quickspins really work well for hunting. Hope this helps and drop a PM on your decision!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up just getting an AAE Fletch III jig and some AAE Max. Hunter vanes. My local pro shop guy said that I could either run the 4" Duravane that I've got now or use a Blazer 2"(Max.Hunter is 2.1" so it'll work) but not a 3" Duravane so I just bit the ol' bullet and ordered a fletching jig. Guess if you're going to play the archery game you have to have a fletching jig to fix your fletchings when they mess up. LOL

·
Registered
409 Posts
quick

i tried them but had some of the tubes split so i peeled the vanes off and reflettched them on with the new arizona ez made for short vanes.quickspins with lots of helical are very accurate.scores have gone up 20 pts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts