Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was seeing if anyone shoots the NAP Shockwave Expandable broadheads and was wondering how the performance of them was. I bought some during turkey season and didn't use them so I am going to try them out for this deer season.

·
Blade Maker
640 Posts
As far as mechanical heads go they are on of the best. Sharp, strong, penitrate well and fly great.

·
Banned
910 Posts
very good. I have shot 3 animals and my buddy has taken 2 with them.Never failed. I had 1 go through the spine of a 120 lb hog and it just bent 1 of the blades.

·
Registered
8,685 Posts
crc said:
I was seeing if anyone shoots the NAP Shockwave Expandable broadheads and was wondering how the performance of them was. I bought some during turkey season and didn't use them so I am going to try them out for this deer season.
I have used with excellent results.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I killed a nice 6x6 bull elk and a muley buck with 125grn Shockwaves. I got an exit hole on both animals. I like 'em.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I shot 4 bears with 100 gr. shockwaves and 3 were pass throughs.I think they are a very good broadhead.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Never had a problem with them, shoot like field points and wow what hole they make! Only thing to be wary of is hard quarting shots, and try to keep up your kenetic energy. I say two thumbs up!:thumbs_up :thumbs_up

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I have shot two deer in the past with them with great results. I wouldn't think twice about using them again.

·
Registered
789 Posts
shot a deer with one about 4 years ago and the shockwave worked perfect,,, I was scepticle about the point on them but it went through both sides of the deer (broke one rib in and one rib out) and I was using a Mathews FX set at 52# PSE Dominator 200 arrow and shot was about 20 yrds from the ground at a deer that was soft quartering towards me.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have killed 9 deer with them but gave up on them when I had no penetration on a shoulder hit. hey fly great and kill awesome, just do not have the oomph to punch through the shoulder if need be

1 - 10 of 10 Posts