Archery Talk Forum banner

NAP Twister Vanes

831 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  TcArchery08
Hadn't seen these until this evening while at Cabela's. I decided to give them a "shot". It is raining and nasty out so I couldn''t pull the trigger but I did notice something strange: 1 pack is yeller and the other is puke green, and the green ones have a wider base? That is weird, strange, and in my opinion not acceptable. I glued em on anyway because I am a ****** and curious if it will screw up the flight etc. That's how I roll :darkbeer:

OK, so tomorrow I will try and fling a few toward my fence and see how many I can stick in the target.

Anyone else encounter this base width difference?

Anyone have a good or bad things to say? Not about me, about the vanes.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I did a little more digging through the package of yeller vanes. I noticed some have wider base than others, totally random. I believe this is most likely a quality control issue. I am not impressed with this at all.

On another note, I did fling a few toward the fence and surprisingly I managed to hit the target each time. I shot a stock axis with blazers and then the twisters. At 20 they were tight. I didn't go back any futher due to a little too much wind and lack of desire to try and pull arrows out of my fence. I will try and weigh them. I really doubt there is any difference worth noting but why not give it a go.

· Registered
28 Posts
The twisters work for me.
I haven’t noticed any variation in base width. I did find that some had a logo printed on them and others didn’t. I bought the small pack to try them. I guess that the logo printed vanes were for the index vane. They also take longer to dry than feathers.

Gadget Hood.
What do you mean it’s not broke? I’m going to fix it anyway.
:RockOn:

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could have been a bad batch on the yellows. The greens seem consistent. I prefer a mix of colors for the index vane but in reality it doesn't make any difference with a drop away rest. I tend to prefer a very easily identifiable index vane to keep face contact with vanes to a minimum.

Also, the gluing of the vane.....I think these need to wiped/cleaned before install. The instructions indicated this is as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.