Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just been given the okay to re-post about my matter, so I am trying to do so in an articulate and professional manner.

Get this, I ordered a 42mm Black Eagle scope cover from National Archery Supply on Aug 18th. I received a confirmation email with my order number immediately afterwards. I wait a week thinking it should be here any day now but it doesn't show. I start looking at the confirmation email again and find a link to track my order. I clicked on the link and it hasn't even been shipped yet, nor have I been charged. I promptly call NAS and was informed that they were waiting for it from Sure-Loc. I was told they expected it to arrive on Mon or Tues of the next week (this was on Thurs or Fri), and the won't charge my card until it ships.

I asked them why I wasn't notified since the had my contact info and they replied "They sent out a bunch of emails, they must have just missed mine". Understanding that stuff happens, I don't get too upset. So I wait until next week, now it's Thurs again and still no package and I have not heard from them. I called again and was told the same thing, still waiting (Blah, Blah....) should be here Mon or Tues of next week. Now I'm slightly irritated but, I'll deal with it. Next week comes and goes, nothing, no package, no email, not anything.

Finally, I see my card has been charged on September 5. I'm thinking cool, it's finally on it's way. Thurs I check the tracking link again only to find it still says "to be shipped". So I call again and I get "I just tracked the shipment from Sure-Loc it's supposed to be here tomorrow (Fri. Sept 8th). He said he would ship it out that day and email me the tracking info. I asked about expedited shipping because I've waited so long. He replied yes he could do 1 or 2 day, and that I wouldn't be charged for shipping. Well, Fri. comes and no email confirmation (surprise, surprise). So I send him a P.M. I see by his online activity that he has been online since i sent the P.M., yet I don't get any reply.

It is now Thurs (14th) and still no email from them, the tracking link still says "to be shipped". Needless to say by this point I'm throughly jacked. I call them and he tells me that the shipment finally came in today and he has lots of 29mm scope covers. (WHAT!?!?) I tell him to refund my money and I'll take my business elsewhere. He replied Okay it'll be in about 4 hours. I called them early last week (tues, Sept 19th) because I still hadn't received my credit. It is now Mon Sept. 25th and still no credit. :mad:

N.A.S will you finally take care of this?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I like Lancaster very much... BUT NAS is not the only company to do this sort of thing... About 3 to 5 months ago I ordered 2 Stan safeshot, BT's.. that were on sale… among other stuff from Lancaster... they accepted the order.... I received a partial order with a simple note that the BT’s were “backordered” After a few days more, I called, and when asked when they expected to receive them I got, “ in about 6 months to a year”!!!!!!!!!! Then they went on to say that they may be pulled from the market for about to year..

WHY they accepted the order when they knew this, and why they did not alert me to call at the time of the partial order… I do not know.. I could have been real upset.. To their credit though, once I did write to offer possible better ways of handling this, they gave me a 10% discount for the problems I had.. I guess all in all they made it good.

Pint being... even the best miss a beat now and then.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
They charged my CC incorrectly on the 12th of Sept. for an order I had made back in June and when I asked for a refund they said sure. That was about two weeks ago. I checked my acct today and sure enough no refund again. Isnt this some kind of mail fraud or something?

·
Registered
196 Posts
ultramax said:
They charged my CC incorrectly on the 12th of Sept. for an order I had made back in June and when I asked for a refund they said sure. That was about two weeks ago. I checked my acct today and sure enough no refund again. Isnt this some kind of mail fraud or something?
I just checked our (Mr. Hyde is my husband) account again too and still no credit. I'm going to stop at my bank when I get off work today to see about having a credit issued for the amount that NAS charged us. I know Visa offers protection against fraudulent charges but I have to check with the bank to see what we need to do.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
I ordered a release from CD's Archery last week, and as it turned out it was on back order. Brandon from CD's CALLED ME the same day to tell me it was on back order and gave me the option to cancel or wait. This was on a Sunday too.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have been told that refunds may take up to 14 days to show on your card. I don't know what else to tell you. You have been given the refund authorization numbers. You should be complaining to Visa or Mastercard... Not Us?!? Refunds are a normal part of business. I would encourage either of you if the refund does not show up within 14 business days from the day you were told it was issued to email me personally and I will carry the matter further.

I don't see how posting this on here will speed up to process of Visa or Mastercard re-applying the funds back to your account?????

Jason

·
Banned
1,141 Posts
NationalArchery said:
I don't see how posting this on here will speed up to process of Visa or Mastercard re-applying the funds back to your account?????

Jason
I don't think that is the intention of this thread! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
steph said:
I just checked our (Mr. Hyde is my husband) account again too and still no credit. I'm going to stop at my bank when I get off work today to see about having a credit issued for the amount that NAS charged us. I know Visa offers protection against fraudulent charges but I have to check with the bank to see what we need to do.
I say go for it. You should definitely report this to Visa. Maybe Visa will revoke NAS's merchant account. By law, they are supposed to ship the product within 24 hours of charging your account, or they should notify you that the item is on back-order and you will not get charged until the item is ready for shipment. In any case, it does not look like they were not dealing with you honestly.

Another question for NAS should be whether they will pay you for the interest that you accrued during the time they withheld shipment? I know it's not a lot of money, but it is the principle. Also, as a customer service show of good faith, they should pay to have the item Fed Ex'ed overnight.

·
Registered
196 Posts
(I also posted this under the "I'm NEVER doing business with National Archery Supply again!! thread since I had posted about our situation there too.)

I just checked with my bank again and the credit posted today. Because the charge and credit were made in Canadian funds and the exchange rate on the two dates was different, we have now actually paid fifteen cents for an item that we should never have been charged for. What a deal!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
That sucks. You are losing money because of exchange rates, as well as having to pay interest on items that you never had.

Wonder if National Archery is listening...

·
Registered
151 Posts
refunds

in all fairness I am a Credit card vendor (totally unrelated business ) but any time you have been told you were getting a credit refund you should call your credit card company (toll free)and ask if it was posted when the vendor said it was. this is not for the purpose of spanking the vendor but for your own piece of mind, and protection. it helps defuse your anger by providing an explaination of what is going on. then if it has not been handled you have the right to dispute the transaction. This then puts a freeze on the funds in question and sets a date of the dispute. in a case such as this your refund credit comes very fast. I don't blame you for not doing business with them. but it does sound like one mistake that begot a long line of subsequent mistakes.

·
Banned
910 Posts
when anybody says its on back order, Bass Pro, Cabelas, anybody. Dont place the order. The only jerk around Ive recieved from archery e tailers was with FS discount arrows.

·
Registered
167 Posts
NationalArchery said:

Jason
The money is the smaller issue here. Do you not accept any responsibilty for the way this matter was handled? Hollow promises about arrival and shipping times will lose you many customers.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Pheonix34 said:
The money is the smaller issue here. Do you not accept any responsibilty for the way this matter was handled? Hollow promises about arrival and shipping times will lose you many customers.
Precisely!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
NationalArchery said:
I have been told that refunds may take up to 14 days to show on your card. I don't know what else to tell you. You have been given the refund authorization numbers. You should be complaining to Visa or Mastercard... Not Us?!? Refunds are a normal part of business. I would encourage either of you if the refund does not show up within 14 business days from the day you were told it was issued to email me personally and I will carry the matter further.

Jason
It sounds like none of the problems these folks encountered are your fault. That's a pretty poor business practice.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update

Just an update on my situation. Yesterday I received a package from National Archery Supply. In it was the scope cover that I originally ordered, along with a letter from Jason at NAS explaining that he was sending it to me at no charge. I do believe that the whole situation could have been handled better from the beginning, but I'm very happy to see that NAS took the initiative to try to make it right.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Glad to hear that this long "National" nightmare is over. It was the right lens cover wasn't it? Your right though, this could and should have been handled a lot better than being left swinging in the wind.
Outback04:grouphug:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts