Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
I've used it for two years, I think it is great camo.
I've used it from hardwoods, to field edges, to open fields.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
It's all I use at the present time.
I was hunting with my brother in law last fall at my place. We were in treestands about 60-70 yds apart. I was amazed that he looked like a black gorilla sitting in a tree. I could see him clear as could be. After the hunt I asked him if I looked black and blobbed up in my treestand and he said, "I was lookin' for you but I never could see you til you stood up and started letting your bow down."
He was in treebark and MOBU, I was in Natgear. :shade:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I am using it and like it. I had a herd of elk 10-yards and they were looking through me. ASAT would be my second choice.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
great stuff

I've been using it for the past 3 years and It's great. I use it in the hardwoods of West Virginia and Ohio. I have never been spotted by a deer while on stand. Blends in well with any type of cover.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just another idea. Buckthorncamo.com is a new camo with a light background which is why it does not blob up at 50 yards like some of the other camo's talked about. Also it the only one of the above that is made in the USA except for ASAT. Nat gear has sold and moved overseas. PMP

·
Registered
398 Posts
Nat-Gear is all I use now...it seems to break up your outline better than some of the other darker camo!

Good luck and good shooting!
Dave

·
Banned
11,666 Posts
I bought some new but older cold weather waterproof stock from a seller on fleabay. It's very noisey and not for archery. The newer stuff is different I'm told. Just be sure of what you're getting before you buy. The seller on fleabay has a lot of it at 1/2 price or so.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
BigbirdVA,
I know what you mean! I got hosed on ebay for some of the older stuff that was noisey as hell. Traded it for a muzzleloader to a waterfowler who didn't care it was noisey!! :thumbs_up
What you need to look for is the term DryStalk II. The original DryStalk is the noisey stuff.

For all interested I have a Natural Gear 4x4 Systems Jacket in the DryStalk II that I'm planning to put on the classifieds for $125. Bought new for $199, only worn a few times, it's actually too warm for a fat bugger like me!! Size XL. 4 Jackets in one. :angel: PM me if interested.

Sorry for the highjack, just wanted to offer the fellow Natgear lovers an earlybird special!!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Don't feel bad, I got the same noisy set! It is nice, just loud. I will use it for rifle hunts or something I guess. The new stuff is quiet though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.