Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the natural gear winterceptor. How good of clothing is this for cold weather hunting.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
this is just my thought on the jacket and pants. first off they fit really funny, pants are baggy and tight at the waist. I am a 36 waist and large was way too small. the jacket, forget it! elastic cuffs on waist and wrists drive me crazy, wants to ride up. jacket fit was also baggy, not athletic at all. the material was ok but almost felt crinkly, or something like that I'm sure was the wind barrier. maybe I didn't give them a chance and I didn't wear them outside. But if I was uncomfortable in the basement.... I knew they had to be returned. also, camo pattern seemed dull and faded compared to other nat gear stuff. there are a lot of nice windproof fleece garments out there... like cabelas. some guys might love this stuff, but it wasn't for me

·
Registered
876 Posts
I have been wearing the pants shoveling out in this blizzard all day, they are great. The fit is real funny I wear a medium which they say is 31-34, I am a 32 and they are tight, I had to move the button to give me an extra inch. For a tall person the inseam on the pants is perfect. I ordered the jacket in a Large and it was too small, I ordered long sleeve t-shirts in a large and they were way too big. I really like the material and the camo pattern, they are very windproof. If I was sitting in cold temps I would probably want a layer underneath. The jacket and pants definitely run small, you may want to order up a size.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I love the stuff. They are plenty warm for me and the jacket has a high collar for windy days. Blends in awesome for late season.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wear some First Lite underneath and it will keep you warm for hours. I have to pack my coat in or i'll get warm before sitting down. Very comfortable too!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Awesome clothing, but like everyone says, sizing is whack. I'm actually wearing it as we speak

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
I've got the coat. Almost too warm if walking very far to the stand.
Cuts the wind, quiet , warm and the pattern blends well in a tree.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
I bought the jacket and pants just before this past season. The jacket was baggy and needed to be a little longer. It would ride up badly. The pants were too tight in the waist to get on but extremely baggy in the legs. I wear a 32" waist but couldn't even get the medium pants buttoned. It was by far the worse fitting clothing I have ever had. I had to send it back. I wanted this stuff to work out as I liked the fabric and colors.

·
Registered
10,585 Posts
I got some for Christmas. Haven't worn it yet so can't comment on it. I told the wife to get me XL jacket and large pants. She got me XL jacket and XL pants by mistake. I'm glad she made the mistake. I'm a 36 waist also and the XL fits right.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Look around and see what other companies have to offer. There a re lots of great options out there.

www.gforceoutdoors.com has some great stuff as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts