Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beings Christmas is close at hand which bow have you shot that would make your nice list and which one would be on your naughty list.

Please be adult about this..

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
The HTR was excellent. Just a little on the slower side though.
Both the Bear Arena 30 & 34 were my favorites. They have it all and some good speed.
PSE Source HD was quite nice.

Biggest surprise was the Bear Traxx. Was not expecting it to be as nice as it was.

The Mathews Z2 didn't impress.

Biggest disappointment was the Hoyt Nitrum 30. Really wanted it to be my next bow. Great quality and very smooth draw but after shot was a big disappointment.

·
Archery Addict
9,251 Posts
Decree was great! I was impressed with the Synergy, while not a speed burner, it was almost too smooth! Nitrum 34 was really nice at the beginning of the draw to the anchor. There was just something about the feel of the shot that I didn't like. I shot a lot of bows at the local shops and really didn't find a "dud" in the bunch

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice= Pse Decree, Hoyt Carbon zt turbo, Nitrum 30, Mathews no cam, Elite Synergy. Naught = Me for ordering my own Xmas present : PSE Decree Skullworks 

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice= Pse Decree, Hoyt Carbon zt turbo, Nitrum 30, Mathews no cam, Elite Synergy. Naught = Me for ordering my own Xmas present : PSE Decree Skullworks 

That's terrible. Lump of coal in your stocking, lol

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Nice-all the primes, Hoyt nitrum, bear arena, bow tech prodigy
Naughty-htr
The rest that I've shot are just kinda average for me.

·
Banned
794 Posts
Naughty- Hoyt Carbon Turbo, not even close to IBO, Bowtech Prodigy just didn't like the feel or the looks, Synergy slow as Mosses. Nice- Obsession Phoenix just plain awesome bow Hoyt Niturm one of my favorites, Mathews HTR slow as Mosses also but has a really nice feel and hold to it, Decree great blend of draw, speed, wall and quiet.

·
AIM SMALL-MISS SMALL!!
5,277 Posts
Nice- I have no idea lol.
Naughty- me for ordering a boss without seeing or shooting.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
In this order

Nice: Bear Arena 30 & 34 with the 34 getting the slight edge
Bowtech Prodigy
PSE Source HD
Mathews HTR
Elite Synergy
PSE Decree
Naughty: Hoyt Nitrum 30/34/Turbo, Liked the 34 the best then the 30 I didn't really care for the Turbo personally

I'm not hating on Hoyt, they make some great bows, this year I just didn't care for them

·
Registered
396 Posts
hoyt nitrum 30, ordered and on it's way!!!! shot the Mathews no cam, really quiet, didn't like the plastic cable guards they put on it by the cams. thought they could have designed it so you wouldn't have to worry about the cables rubbing the cams or idler wheel, or should i say the ''no cams''?? elite synergy is a really nice bow, smooth draw and quiet.

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Naughty- Hoyt Carbon Turbo, not even close to IBO, Bowtech Prodigy just didn't like the feel or the looks, Synergy slow as Mosses. Nice- Obsession Phoenix just plain awesome bow Hoyt Niturm one of my favorites, Mathews HTR slow as Mosses also but has a really nice feel and hold to it, Decree great blend of draw, speed, wall and quiet.
How slow was Moses? Are you that old, or did you mean molasses?

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Best Nice = Bowtech Prodigy and Prime Ion
Nice = Hoyt Carbon ZT 34 and Turbo
Naughty = PSE's (just not my cup of tea)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts