Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for some feedback as to which arrow I should shoot between Navigators or ACC's for Outdoor Spots and field. What are the benifits between one and the other and will the Navigators perform that much better for the extra 50% increse in price?

·
Time for Spots to die
2,087 Posts
The small diameter of the Navigators will help a bit. ACCs are still a damn fine arrow. I have them for the bow hunter style.

Arrow

·
Registered
196 Posts
I shoot the ACCs almost exclusively now and I doubt I'll change. The 3-49s for my Flatliner (also shoot them in the SuperTec set at 58#s) were made sometime in or around 1995 and they're in perfect shape. I have about 6 or 7 left of the original dozen, the missing ones were lost. Have yet to bend or break one.

I just bought some 3-60s for the Allegiance. Very rugged, dependable and accurate arrow. I just don't see the need to pay that extra money for the Navigators. That's subjective though—I'm sure its worth it to some people. If I was competing on a national or world level then I might consider them, but for general shooting, 3D and hunting the ACCs fit the bill perfectly.

·
Registered
5,466 Posts
I started shooting Navigators this year after shooting ACC's last year.

I like the Navs a little better. They seem to have less wind drift at long yardage and I feel like they group better out of my setup.

Both arrows will get the job done for Field and outdoor shooting though.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
If your shooting 90 meters or 100 yds then the navs have a definate advantage over the ACC's.

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
If your shooting 90 meters or 100 yds then the navs have a definate advantage over the ACC's.
That may be so, but so do the X10 or NANOs over the Navs. So, really, no point shooting anything but X10s/NANOS/ACEs at 90m. Provided of course the shooter is at least an average shot.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
That may be so, but so do the X10 or NANOs over the Navs. So, really, no point shooting anything but X10s/NANOS/ACEs at 90m. Provided of course the shooter is at least an average shot.
may be but some of us like me cant afford anything that expensive

ya see i am only 15 years old and my acc's get the job done Quite well at 70 meters i get a consistant 57-60. so you nessarily dont need an expensive arrow

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
may be but some of us like me cant afford anything that expensive

ya see i am only 15 years old and my acc's get the job done Quite well at 70 meters i get a consistant 57-60. so you nessarily dont need an expensive arrow
Ok, you don't need too expensive shafts for up to 70m. 90m MAKES huge difference even though it doesn't sound like it.
If I were you I wouldn't invest in nothing more than Navs, but ACCs would do the job as well.
And start saving some cash for top arrows so you can shoot just as well at 90m when you turn 16...

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Ok, you don't need too expensive shafts for up to 70m. 90m MAKES huge difference even though it doesn't sound like it.
If I were you I wouldn't invest in nothing more than Navs, but ACCs would do the job as well.
And start saving some cash for top arrows so you can shoot just as well at 90m when you turn 16...
i do shoot 90 also
Hell i also shoot 125 for cloud turnaments. i shoot a 321 grain arrow at 59 lb 26 inches and can easilly get 90 meters for 125 i have to aim 2-3 feet over the target.

my point is you dont have to have the mst expensive arrow to shoot good scores. i have shoot a 900 round with GT expadition hunter with a score of 850+/-10

·
Registered
9,194 Posts
i do shoot 90 also
Hell i also shoot 125 for cloud turnaments. i shoot a 321 grain arrow at 59 lb 26 inches and can easilly get 90 meters for 125 i have to aim 2-3 feet over the target.

my point is you dont have to have the mst expensive arrow to shoot good scores. i have shoot a 900 round with GT expadition hunter with a score of 850+/-10
Of course you don't, it's just a better arrow (in terms of tolerances) will at times cut the line where a not as quality arrow may not.
900 round, in american terms is 60-50-40 yards? That's too close to be objective, cause on a calm day you could excel with 2312s with 2-3 tens more than with skinny shafts, guaranteed :)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Of course you don't, it's just a better arrow (in terms of tolerances) will at times cut the line where a not as quality arrow may not.
900 round, in american terms is 60-50-40 yards? That's too close to be objective, cause on a calm day you could excel with 2312s with 2-3 tens more than with skinny shafts, guaranteed :)
yerry true

but then again the last 900 round i did was a year a go when i had only been shooting for like 5-6 months

1 - 12 of 12 Posts