Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been buying non-res NC licenses for the past few years to hunt a little bit with a buddy down there. $140 a shot every year. Went down and bought my new one tonight: SURPRISE..$195! Yikes! That's a pretty nice little increase. I think I went down there 3 times last season. You can bet it'll be more than that this year!! Gotta make that purchase worth while! OUCH!!

Dawg

·
Registered
102 Posts
VA has been proud of them for several years, but I still like to get up there for a week or so each year.

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VA has been proud of them for several years, but I still like to get up there for a week or so each year.
I hear that. Somebody told me that was the reason they went up on the NC non-res. Reciprocal fees?? I don't even know what our non-res lic sells for. But I'm sure it's too much too!

Dawg

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get out the vaseline . they love you forgieners
Already got it out. They turned me out! I feel so violated. I was standing there with my $140 in hand. Lady says "that'll be $195". I was like :mg:. And then I was like :faint:.

Dawg

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
come to iowa 485 to shoot a deer no way il pay that to hunt a deer

·
TreeRatNation Lead Rat
6,828 Posts
Well reason you pay that here is because thats wht VA charges us to come up there. Any state that touches NC have all agreed that ever whos lic. is the highest, thats what is charged to the non res. hunter form the other state. I have to pay like 280$ to hunt in GA so my buddy comes up here, its not the 140$ NC price, he pays 280 like I do down there. It sucks but what do we do, hunt or not hunt!! They dont care...

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
It's a different price for me. I'm from Ohio and plan on bear hunting there this Oct. Looks like I'm going to need 3 different license,
Annual License $60
Big Game $60
Bear $125
$245 total

Does this look right?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
That's a shame. Hope ya have some good hunts.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
It's a different price for me. I'm from Ohio and plan on bear hunting there this Oct. Looks like I'm going to need 3 different license,
Annual License $60
Big Game $60
Bear $125
$245 total

Does this look right?
I'd second guess coming to NC to bear hunt. From what I understand they recently changed the laws to where you can no longer bait for bears. I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure the last time I was reading through our game laws that's what I saw.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Other than bear there would be no reason for anyone to come to N.C. and hunt....:pukey: Why do you think we go eveywhere else when we want a good hunt...I would go to VA, WV, Ohio, MD, Deleware, crap anywhere except here.

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Other than bear there would be no reason for anyone to come to N.C. and hunt....:pukey: Why do you think we go eveywhere else when we want a good hunt...I would go to VA, WV, Ohio, MD, Deleware, crap anywhere except here.
For us, it's more about just hanging out and having fun than thinking we're gonna kill a big buck or whatever. But it's gettin to be some expensive fun though at $195 for a couple of days a season. I guess it's like they say: ya gotta pay to play!

Dawg

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
I'd second guess coming to NC to bear hunt. From what I understand they recently changed the laws to where you can no longer bait for bears. I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure the last time I was reading through our game laws that's what I saw.
you have never been able to bait for bears in nc

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
From the nc regulations handbook, same as all previous years, reguarding bears.

Restrictions It is unlawful to do any of the following:
● Hunt bear in any areas not included in the listings below.
● Take a cub (less than 50 pounds) or a female bear with cub(s).
● Take a bear with the use or aid of bait, which includes any salt,
salt lick, grain, fruit, honey, sugar-based material or substance,
animal parts or animal products.
● Place processed food products as bait in any area of the state with
an open season for taking black bears. Processed food products
are any food substance or flavoring that has been modified by
the addi tion of ingredients or by treatment to modify its chem -
ical com posi tion or form or to enhance its aroma or taste. This
includes: food products enhanced by sugar, honey, syrups, oils,
salts, spices, peanut butter, grease, meat, bones, or blood; candies,
pastries, gum, and sugar blocks; and extracts of such products.
The prohibi tion against taking bears with the use and aid of bait
does not apply to the release of dogs in the vicinity of any food
source that is not a processed food product. However, dogs may
not be released in the vicinity of any commercially available
min eral supplement whether placed for the purpose of attract -
ing deer or otherwise.

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
i love hunting here and would never pay to go out of state. i hunt family farms and have killed lots of deer from the 140's to a 169.
sure there are bigger deer in other states, but i am happy. if i go out of state, i want to hunt game that i can't get here.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Well reason you pay that here is because thats wht VA charges us to come up there. Any state that touches NC have all agreed that ever whos lic. is the highest, thats what is charged to the non res. hunter form the other state. I have to pay like 280$ to hunt in GA so my buddy comes up here, its not the 140$ NC price, he pays 280 like I do down there. It sucks but what do we do, hunt or not hunt!! They dont care...
South Carolina didn't get that memo. Its $100 for non-resident big game license, then its either $40 for a 3-day hunting license, $75 for a 10 day, or $125 for an annual non-resident license....

Of course its a mere $25 for a resident hunting/fishing license combo ;)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
you have never been able to bait for bears in nc
Maybe I was thinking about hunting bears with dogs then. I've never bear hunted, so like I said I'm not 100%. Now that I think about it I believe it was hunting them with dogs.

·
Don't Touch The Mustache
2,060 Posts
I've been buying non-res NC licenses for the past few years to hunt a little bit with a buddy down there. $140 a shot every year. Went down and bought my new one tonight: SURPRISE..$195! Yikes! That's a pretty nice little increase. I think I went down there 3 times last season. You can bet it'll be more than that this year!! Gotta make that purchase worth while! OUCH!!

Dawg
Add $100 to that to hunt in GA.

·
Born yank raised south
16,757 Posts

Dawg
Come try and buy an out of state turkey tag in Florida talk about ouch.....then you have to buy the hunting license too.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
VA licenses are just as bad. I just bought my out of state lifetime license for 555 dollars then i have to buy a $31 archery tag then $86 for big game tags. I figured in 5 years the lifetime license will pay for itself. So all i have to buy is tags and an archery stamp for $117.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts