Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really intrested in seeing the success of my fellow hunters here in NC. Please post up your pictures and stories.

:darkbeer:

· Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hunted a swamp bottom between 3 fields. The field to the west is planted with cotton, to the south is cotton, and to the east is a picked corn field. During august I scouted the area and found 5 or 6 white oaks dropping acorns. I also found their beeding area. I placed my stand facing the bedding area(80 yds away) on the edge of this small oak grove. Sept 18th I crept into my stand at about 1600. It was unseasonably cool in NC for early september temps only got into the low 70's the entire week. The evening went by fairly slow. I watch squirrels play , and saw a yound fox pass by a couple of times. 1900 was when my buck first appeared I watched him walk in from the extremly thick uderbrush that boarders the field to the west. He walked staright into my stand. I watched him eat for about 20 minutes. I was waiting to see if the other two bucks in this group would appear. My trail camera had revealed a larger 8 pt hanging out with him. At 1920 I decided that I was not going to wait for day light to run out. The deer was still facing me at 15 yds with his head down crunching on acorns. I waited for him to turn and I slowly raised my bow. With quartering to me shot available I placed the 20 yd pin on the back edge of the shoulder and let my arrow loose. I heard a loud smack, and the deer exploded through the swamp. Once I heard him pile up, and recognized his chocking I backed out of the woods. I waited for an hour before going back. The deer was thirty yards from the shot. My CE maxima hunter arrows that are tips with Rage 2 blades busted through the thick part of the shoulder blade and lodged 3 ribs back on the opposite side.

Attachments

· Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice work buck horn, I thought I had a good sept.

· Registered
5,756 Posts
Ive shot two does so far. One the monday after opening day. And one this past monday. For me mondays is the killin day.:wink:

· Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive shot two does so far. One the monday after opening day. And one this past monday. For me mondays is the killin day.:wink:
MAN LAW, you must post pictures for all to see!

· Registered
5,756 Posts
I have one pic but i look like an idiot in it. my eyes are kooky looking. :eek: The other doe i didnt take a pic.

View attachment 461197

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.