Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you may have seen the thread in the Bowhunting forum about the possible NC record deer that surely appears now to have been poached.

I posted in the thread about knowing the accused brother. Well it turns out that I "knew" the entire family. I say "knew" (past tense) as there are some very disturbing facts regarding this family.

Some of you in eastern NC may remember back in '05 the reported disappearance of Brenda Owens from the Goldsboro area. The next day when officers went back to talk to her husband they found him dead from a self inflected gun shot. A couple of days later Brenda's body was found in the Neuse river with death attributed to strangulation - a murder/suicide. This family were members of the same church I attend and I knew the mother and older sister very well in addition to doing the sound at the older brother's wedding.

Robert & Brenda Owens were the parents of one of the accused poachers. While this, in no way, excuses what Jorden did, it does shed some light of the troubled life this young man has had. He was 13 at the time.

Maybe instead of "casting stones", we should say an extra prayer for him and the grandmother that is trying to raise him.

·
NC ASA Director
35,983 Posts
Prayers sent.

·
Registered
36,982 Posts
Dang ...

·
Registered
737 Posts
PIX of Buck Please?

My Texas Papers didnt cover any of this

Prayers for the Lad

·
Registered
24,848 Posts
Hadn't heard any of this as well. Tragic to say the least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts