Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The deadline for ND any deer bow (muley apps) was March 2nd.

This will be my 5th or 6th? time doing it (spot and stalk) and I've tagged out once on a smaller muley buck and lost a decent 4 x 4 due to heavy rain washing away the blood trail. It is very addicting and very challenging. I mainly hunt the National Grasslands south of I-94. I'm just as pumped as the first time I went!

Who else besides me put in? Or residents, how many of you are going?

Also, got any tips that I have may not have learned yet?

P.S. I searched every nook and crannie for the one I lost in the rain and gave up a good nights sleep and a day of hunting to do so.

· Registered
2,515 Posts
Hunlee has send in for any deer liesence aswell !!!!!!!!Hunlee hunt north of 94 tho!!!!!!Hunlee like ND hunting!!!!!!!!

hunlee

· Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hunlee has send in for any deer liesence aswell !!!!!!!!Hunlee hunt north of 94 tho!!!!!!Hunlee like ND hunting!!!!!!!!

hunlee
Oh Lord Help Me! Hunlee is going to be there! Just make sure Warp Speed Arrow is always pointed toward Canada! :tongue:

Have you had any luck ND muley hunting on the north side of 94 Hunlee? I've heard it can be good up there....

· Registered
1,414 Posts
Hunlee is hunting NORTH DAKOTA!!!!! Wow this is bigger than the presidential candidates stopping by last November:tongue:

I hope to give it a try this year myself, when you going? Camp or motel it?

· Registered
1,252 Posts
I hit this buck two years ago in the badlands and he ran straight downhill to my brother who put a good shot on him. He scored around 160" We were hunting about 18 miles down east river road from Medora.

· Registered
2,515 Posts
That is fine lookin mule deer buck you have there!!!!!!!!!Son to Hunlee kill one that score in at 162 P&Y aswell butt mule deer buck of hunlee is smaller!!!!!!!!This is first Hunlee picture that hunlee post at Pse Archery Foums,,,,,,Hunlee deside not to show true idenity there as there are alot of wirdoo hanging there!!!!!!Here is mule deer of hunlee

Hunlee has high hope of bigger mule deer this year butt if not Hunlee will settle for smaller buck!!!!!!!Spot an stalk hunting in North Dakota is very challanging!!!!!!!!Hunlee hope you like picture!!!!!!!Hunlee have head mount of said mule deer so maybee hunlee take picture of head mount for all of youin

hunlee

· BIRD HUNTER
11,223 Posts
I went last year for the first time, had a blast. I dint put in this year because I put in for other states, But some day I will be back there. I put a stalk on this guy but never paned out. dod get a smaller buck. not big but my first mule deer so I was happy.

· Registered
2,515 Posts
Hunlee like seein that mule deer layin in that washout hole!!!!!!!!How close you get to hims befour he run away???????Hunlee like to get high on big buette an look over country side with nice Leupold spottin scope an when nice mule buck is seen we are off after hims!!!!!!!!!This get Hunlee all excited:jam:

hunlee

· BIRD HUNTER
11,223 Posts
Hunlee like seein that mule deer layin in that washout hole!!!!!!!!How close you get to hims befour he run away???????Hunlee like to get high on big buette an look over country side with nice Leupold spottin scope an when nice mule buck is seen we are off after hims!!!!!!!!!This get Hunlee all excited:jam:

hunlee
I got with in 25 yrds, I come in from behind and was planning shooting down, But I was so intent on the stalk, I faild to see another buck laying on the washout about 50 yards away. when he jumped , the one I was stalking stood up an paused for a minite at 24 yards,But could not shoot. because tress in the way. Then he blew out of there and run for a mile before looking back. I ended up taking a smaller one latter in the week.

· Registered
2,515 Posts
Nice picture you have there!!!!!!!!Hunlee is impressed!!!!!!!!:thumbs_up

hunlee

· Registered
2,515 Posts
!!!!!!!!!!Yes!!!!!!!!Mule deer buck shot in North Dakota!!!!!!!!!!!National Grass land "Bad Land of N. Dakota"!!!!!!!!!!!Hunlee about 20 to 25 mile from bourdering state of Montana>>>------->:cool2:

hunlee

· Registered
1,252 Posts
Man those pictures are making me miss the Badlands. I have hunted other places where I saw more deer, but I have to say that hunting in the Badlands is probably my favorite. It truly is some rugged, wild country. There is nothing more impressive than when you first hit the badlands heading west on I94. It is awesome.

· Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok

It has been awhile since I have checked this thread and MAN you guys have got me pumped now! Those pics are incredible and I can't wait to get back out there! It is truly addicting! :thumbs_up

· Registered
214 Posts
Got my App sent out Feb 23..

Been going out to ND every year for the last 10 or so.
This will be the forth in a row bow hunting.
Been out there for waterfowl before that.
Got a few whitetails hoping for a muley this year.

Great place and great people.

· Registered
2,515 Posts
Hunlee will post picture of P&Y mule deer taken two year ago!!!!!!!!!!!Hunlee must first see if said picture is in shutterfly provider or on computer of son of hunlee!!!!!!!!!!!Hunlee must then doctor said picture up so true idenity will not be revealed!!!!!!!!!!!As all of you allready know,,,,there are alot of wirddoo that hang on the world wide web an it is best to keep true idenity hidden!!!!!!

hunlee

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.