Archery Talk Forum banner

Ne kansas hunters

691 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  4snshine
Anyone around here able to get out? If so any luck?
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
640 Posts
I hunt on Fort Leavenworth and have been out a few times. Tagged a nice fat doe on opening evening of bow season. Passed up a young narrow-racked 9pt that hung out under my stand for 20 min last week. I have 5 good bucks on camera that frequent the area so I was not about to use my one tag on the little guy. Found a fresh scrape next to my setup yesterday....it was only 5ft away from where I planned to put a mock scrape...can't ask for much better than that. I'll be back in the stand next week hoping to see one of the bruisers.

· Registered
81 Posts
I went out last Friday and the only thing I saw were lots of bugs and no deer. Oh but I did catch some poison oak...that stuff is MEAN!!!! Left eye was swollen shut on Tuesday morning. Going out Saturday to try my luck again.

· Registered
29 Posts
I went out last monday evening after the rain, with the cold front coming I thought the deer would be stirring. Didn't see anything. I think alot of my deer are staying in the standing corn across the road.
I'm hunting a few miles down river of the Fort.

· Registered
29 Posts
I hunted again saturday morning, same story, didn't see a thing. When I climed down and headed for the house I decided to make a circle around my area to check on the acorn crop. There are no acorns on my oaks this year. Are you other guys in this part of Kansas seeing the same thing? I was told that the last frost in the spring of 2007 was the cause. What do you think?

· Registered
1,731 Posts
NE Kansas

I hunt just south of Lawrence, killed two does yesterday and saw a nice 140ish 8, the deer here are definatly on the acorns right now. There arn't many , but if you find the acorns you'll be in the deer:wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.