·
Registered
2,225 Posts
sheath

Did you make the kydex sheath? If so, could you tell how? Thx

·
R.I.P.
29,113 Posts
Nice work. Those are some attractive scales. I have heard that ligum vitae is some hard stuff.
Extremely hard and dense, needs virtually no sealant. It was used to make axles on steamboat engines, that should give you a pretty good idea how hard it is.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice looking knife. That D2 is not a lot of fun to finish also.

Craig
the d-2 is some tuff stuff but it is my favorite
Did you make the kydex sheath? If so, could you tell how? Thx
yes I made the sheath Kydex is easy to work with I bought some pvc foam from Texas Knife making supply cost is 11.95 for a piece 12x12x1 I cut it in half then glued it 3/4 inch plywood all you do is cut the Kydex a little bigger than you need put it in your oven at around 300 when you see start to get wavey around the edges take it out wrap it around the knife sandwitch it between your foam then stand on it for just a few min you have to work fast because the kydex starts to cool pretty fast but if you mess up or dont like the fit just put it back in the oven and start agin sand to shape then then keep it togher with rivets or chicago screws all my neck knives have kydex sheaths holding the knife upside down and they never fall out hope this helps.... and thanks all for the kind words:smile:

·
2nd Amendment Supporter
447 Posts
Another great knife from a master knife maker! Beautiful Jay. Cori told me that he wants you to make him his first knife also. I know you are busy so let me know when would be a good time to get another order in. Mine hasn't shown up yet and I will sure to let you know.:smile:

Your friend JT

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Very Nice!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts