Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot this bird Monday afternoon at 12 yards with a Magnus Bullhead 125. :darkbeer:He went about 40 yards before he did the death flop behind me. He has an 11" beard and 1 1/8" spurs. I'm still amazed at what those necks can take. The hit was slightly off center, but one blade severely lacerated his neck and bent hard in the process. He only ran 40 yards, but was hit at 12 yards with a 438 grain arrow out of a 70lb Mathews Switchback...:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZbQU8efEe0

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Great video...ty for sharing

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
That is nuts. I would have loved to see him run off and fall. How much of the jugular did the blade get? Nice bird.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'll be out with the guillatine tomorrow morning. I lost one with a rage, and am still not confident enough on where to shoot one to try again.

Off with the head!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Congrats on the tom. Definitely a tough critter.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
awesome, congrats!

·
Vendor
84,543 Posts
Those bullheads are awesome. I have taken Two nice gobblers this year with the bullhead and they both fell in there tracks. ONe gobblers head fell right off when it hit him.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those bullheads are awesome. I have taken Two nice gobblers this year with the bullhead and they both fell in there tracks. ONe gobblers head fell right off when it hit him.
I decapped one last year. It was cool. I wish that I would have gotten it on video but I didn't. I was at full draw on this one thinking the same thing but it didn't happen. Maybe I will get another chance before the season is out.:shade:

·
Vendor
84,543 Posts
good job in the video. I dont blame you for not moving the camera . I moved the camera on one of my hunts this year and Right after I moved it the camera fell against the blind and well the hunt was ruined to say the least. So I put the camera up and then have had nothing but great luck. thanks for sharing.

·
XX78 User
4,889 Posts
Great footage man!!! I can't believe that bird actually got up..

·
Registered
177 Posts
Turkeys are pound for pound the toughest game animals to kill! That is amazing that bird got back up after that hit! Thanks for sharing the video.

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
awesome darn video right there

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have no idea how he got up, but he did. He went only went 40 yards before he started flopping. The camera is a Sony DSC-T90 I think. It is smaller than a pack of cigarrettes. Hopefully I will be able to get a chance at another one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts