Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you all buying your vanes from?

I just got 2 dozen shafts, I need vanes to fletch them up. After about 7 years with Blazer vanes, I want to try a lower profile 3" vane.

What do you shoot and where do you get them? (I don't have a local archery shop.)

Kev
<*/////><

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
At the top of the forum page is a huge banner for Lancaster Archery's website. Click it and take a look at what they've got. And they are fast with their shipping, too. Great to deal with.

·
have bow-will travel
3,993 Posts
Most any online store or Ebay will have them, try the AAE Plastifletch Elite or the Norway 3D Duravanes, I have used both at a very strong helical in 4 @ 90* fletch configuration and it works very well for drop away rests.

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been on Lancaster's site for a 1/2 hour. I don't know what I'm doing wong, but when I type in the search bar, "3 inch white vane," it shows me green nocks.

·
Registered
8,837 Posts
if there's no reason to need the lower profile, a vane with higher profile is better at steering an arrow, because the vane surface is further out in the cleaner air stream. IOW, vane height is more productive that vane length. blazers were designed with this criteria in mind.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
if there's no reason to need the lower profile, a vane with higher profile is better at steering an arrow, because the vane surface is further out in the cleaner air stream. IOW, vane height is more productive that vane length. blazers were designed with this criteria in mind.
Not that I disagree on the positives you say on higher profile vanes, but higher profile = heavier vane, and also, there's the clearance issue with higher profile vanes. If your setup won't allow for it (i.e. high profile vane makes contact with anything on it's way out), you just can't use it no matter how good it is in theory.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts