Archery Talk Forum banner

need a backstrap recipie

1269 Views 20 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  DUCKORBLEED
ok i just pulled some backstrap out of the freezer but not sure how i want to cook it, any suggestions:hungry:
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
740 Posts
Yeah go to the wild game recipes and look at "worlds's best backstrap" or something like that. It's phenominal. You'll never want to cook it any other way

· Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah go to the wild game recipes and look at "worlds's best backstrap" or something like that. It's phenominal. You'll never want to cook it any other way
i actually tried that and did not really care for it. what seasonings should i use for grilling?

· Registered
6,213 Posts
Quick and easy one is pour a pack of onion soup mix over it.Cut up a red or greeen pepper over the mix. Wrap in tin foil and bake until cooked. MMMM.
Think I'll pull one out for tomorrow's supper.Thanks for the idea.

· Registered
5,477 Posts
make a rub with chili powder brown sugar garlic salt onion powder.marinate the strap in Worcestershire sauce and terriaki sauce. pat the strap dry and rub the rub on thick grill 3-4 minutes on each side making sure not to cook past medium rare.take the meat off and wrap with aluminum foil for 5 minutes.you can make a berry sauce or finish with your favorite sauce.plain is also very good.

· Registered
5,367 Posts
Slice them, throw them in a skillet. Chop up some onion and green pepper. Throw that in the skillet. Barely cover it in water. And simmer until the water is like a gravy. MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm Makes me hungry just thinking about it.

· Registered
1,723 Posts
I like to bacon wrap the steaks and douse them with worchestershire (stupid name) and a little soy sauce. Grill on Medium+ for about 5-6 minutes then turn, put more sauce, then use some Lowrys seasoning salt and pepper and pull off and let them rest for 5 minutes and eat.

Crap...I didn't get a deer this year, I have to eat javelina. :sad:

· Banned
1,052 Posts
shave loin into thin strips put in pan with butter,onion,pepper,garlic. cook on medium heat.when almost done add 3-6 oz of sloe gin reduce heat and stir till all meat has same color.

· Registered
133 Posts
philly cheesesteak.while back strap is part frozen(easier 2 slice)slice the meat against the grain as thin as you can.i have a deli slicer that works great.marinate the strips in some steak pepper seasoning & worcesterchire sauce.put onion/green pepper/mushrooms in skillet.add meat when vegies done.put on hogie buns w/ provlone cheese

· Registered
3,016 Posts
Woshtishire souce(sp) lemon pepper and garlic salt. very simple very good. Deer Elk and beef and cook wild game slow till desire doness, beef cook enough to crisp the out side then slow it down till its done to your likeing. I like my meet a little red on the inside.

· Registered
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks for the ideas, i may have to get a few more out and try all of these b/c they all sound so good. good thing i got 6 deer this year:shade:

· Grumpy Old Man
26,862 Posts
Use Cajun Shake as a dry rub on a 8-10" section of backstrap......put it on a bbq grill at aprox. 300* (there's a thermometer in the hood of my grill...love it).......cook about 10 minutes on each side.......YUM!! :tongue: :hungry: :darkbeer:

· Registered
1,739 Posts
the best I have had

any questions, PM me. Cook very rare. You'll never know you are eating game. Takes some effort to cook though. The recipe is from a chef who specializes in wild game

I can't understand why so many people cook venison until it's like shoe leather or burn it on a grill or marinate it so you can't taste the meat. But I feel the same way about Mackeral or Salmon which I bake fresh--I'd never smoke either fish. To each their own I guess.

Attachments

· Registered
618 Posts
The best way is too. Put loins in gallone freezer bag with some melted butter,garlic salt,salt and pepper,worchershire sauce,montrel steak seasoning and for last thing parmesan cheese. Let them set in refrig for about 4 hrs or so. Then heat ur grill up put them on for a few mins on high then turn it down to low and cook until it meduim. Dont over cook them. You will love them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.