· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bro is thinking about getting into archery/bowhunting and has a 32" DL
any recommendations? perferably not to expensive

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont know, he just told me he was about 32. but if he is, what bows are out there?

· Registered
98 Posts
MATHEWS z9
HOYT carbon matrix Plus
HOYT CRX 35
PSE vendetta XL.

I know this because I myself shoot a 32" DL. It really limits us folks with long draws :fuming: . With this being said I have shot all of these bows and I'm still deciding between the Mathews z9 and the Hoyt carbon matrix plus. Mathews is a little smoother and less vibration but I'm a little nervous with the short ATA on the mathews. I will be shooting these two side by side a few more times before I decide.

· Hoyt Nation Life Member
15,100 Posts
Maitland Zeus !!!

· Registered
3,415 Posts
Chances are he doesn't need a 32" draw. A lot of guys shoot draw lengths way too long and have for years for various reasons. Make sure he gets properly fitted by an experienced archer before he buys anything at 32" draw.

If he is a gorilla I would take a look at the Hoyt CRX 35 with the long draw limbs.

· Shooter of flesh
7,672 Posts
I measured a guy today that had to be 7 feet tall...he had to duck walking in the door. I almost couldn't reach his face with my tape measure!!!

He had a 32.5" draw length.

· Registered
1,944 Posts
must be nice to have gorilla arms. i set brad daughrty a mathews pro star up last year at 34 in draw. thank god for draw boards. i didnt have enough arm to set the timing on the fall away without it. i couldnt get it back. lol

· Registered
288 Posts
There are just some of us freaks out here where we just have abnormally long arms. I'm only 6' tall but I have a 6'4" wingspan and I have a legit 30" draw length. (now saying that I shoot better with even more of a bend in my arm so I'm shooting at 29 1/2) I have had more then one bow shop say that I could be shooting at 30 1/2. My friends say that I'm a knuckle dragger.

· Registered
1,086 Posts
Chances are he doesn't need a 32" draw. A lot of guys shoot draw lengths way too long and have for years for various reasons. Make sure he gets properly fitted by an experienced archer before he buys anything at 32" draw.

If he is a gorilla I would take a look at the Hoyt CRX 35 with the long draw limbs.

Long draw cams. Limbs are the same. The new hoyts that go to that draw have to have the ld cam. Super smooth bow

· Shootin and Cussin
27,259 Posts
If he doesn't want to spend a lot of money on a new bow, take a look at the Mathews Conquest 3. They go to 32" draw and you can get them for around $300.00.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.