Archery Talk Forum banner

Need a few suggestions.....

310 Views 11 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Jaben620
Hey guys. Im looking at some of the new bows but not really seeing anything stand out. Was wondering if I could get some advice from AT.

I know all bows are different and I have to get a good personal feel for each bow. With that said, here are some guidelines. Can you recommend some shooters for me?

A2A- 35-38"
Draw Length- at least 30.5"
weight of the bow- Under 4.5lbs. Looking for something closer to 4.
And would be nice to shoot 315fps+

Thanks everyone
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i know. Im shooting a 33.75 A2A bow now. Just looking for a few more inches..... lol aren't we all haha

315 is on the VERY low end. I'd like something around 330+, but I don't wanna sound too greedy ;-)

· Registered
1,065 Posts
HA HA! yea with that draw length and that short of a bow, your peep has to be a mile from your eye, and your anchor string angle must be really radical

· Registered
2,204 Posts
Hey guys. Im looking at some of the new bows but not really seeing anything stand out. Was wondering if I could get some advice from AT.

I know all bows are different and I have to get a good personal feel for each bow. With that said, here are some guidelines. Can you recommend some shooters for me?

A2A- 35-38"
Draw Length- at least 30.5"
weight of the bow- Under 4.5lbs. Looking for something closer to 4.
And would be nice to shoot 315fps+

Thanks everyone
kinda sounds like my 82nd.....
it shot fine at 30.5", but better for me at 30" (70#). my 415gr arrows go 320fps (306fps @ 25yds), and i can't remember the weight, but it feels lighter than my sbxt was & i think the ata is within your range. i have the smooth mods on mine, but it only cost me a few fps & it's worth it for the smoothness.
:darkbeer:

· Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
kinda sounds like my 82nd.....
it shot fine at 30.5", but better for me at 30" (70#). my 415gr arrows go 320fps (306fps @ 25yds), and i can't remember the weight, but it feels lighter than my sbxt was & i think the ata is within your range. i have the smooth mods on mine, but it only cost me a few fps & it's worth it for the smoothness.
:darkbeer:
Thanx. That was on my list. Im shooting an allegiance now @ 30.5" DL and it's just a little short on me. But manageable. I think the 101st is in the running too, but that'll be a used bow unless I find a new one at a shop.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.