Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:darkbeer: :darkbeer:

Gents, I need your help. I have a new BEAR GRIZZILY RECURVE (50#'s) and now I need a good arrow. I would like to hunt with this bow but I need some suggestions on arrows and broadheads. Opening day is right around the corner and I would very much like to put the compound away and go back to what I enjoyed the most. I guess down deep I always enjoyed shooting traditional. I started a long time ago shooting a Martin but I learned the hard way about blowing your shoulder out. I would like to try again but this time I came down 15#'s in draw weight. Thanks to all that reply.:thumbs_up :beer:

I hope all have a great season and "TAG OUT". Remember, safety first and then shot placement. Good luck!!!!:darkbeer: :darkbeer:

·
Registered
20,534 Posts
hawg -

Slow down.

If you just got the bow and you haven't shot a recurve in a while don't think about hunting with it this year. Just not enough time to get re-used to it. Add to that the fact that a #50 is a mistake for a re-entry stickbow. If you initally started with a #65 and blew your shoulder, coming back to a #50 isn't going to be that much better. #35 "might" be a better re-entry point. Add to that the fact that the weight is now on your fingers and you're probably not going to use a sight and you have a recipe for a real bad day. Sorry to add this as well, you're probably not as young as you used to be either.

Anyway, arrow choices depend on draw length and total arrow length. If the latter is between 27" and 29", 1916s and any cut on contact bh will be fine.

Viper1 out.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:darkbeer: :darkbeer:

Your right Viper1 on all counts.:lightbulb Thanks for getting back to me with the info. Hope all goes well for you this season. :beer: :thumbs_up
Thanks again, Ray.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts