Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here...I got my first bow, Diamond Core, about 3 weeks ago. We have a range at our house and I have probably put 500 arrows down range. My bow came with an Octane Hostage rest. The felt on the three arms is already about gone (worn away). I was wanting a full capture drop away, but was warned that it may not work properly with only 45-50 pounds of draw weight. I am currently at 45#, but will be bumping it up to 50# today to see if I can comfortably do the 50. A friend has the TR Revolution, which I like, but he is set up at 65#'s. Thoughts??? Thanks.

·
Livin' in a van....
8,476 Posts
You'll be fine with a drop away rest. They're a little tougher to tune, but not that difficult if you have someone to help you out hte 1st time or so.

I've helped kids shoot drop aways on bows that barely made 45#.

As for a containment rest. Trophy Taker Smackdowns, Ripcords, or QAD Hunters are good rests that you could pick up on ebay or the AT classifieds at a pretty good rate.

Nothing wrong w/ a whisker biscuit either if you want one, but there are lots of good full containment fall aways on the market to be had. And you don't need the heavy poundage.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have a Ripcord, works great and its fairly inexpensive.

I am probably missing something, but I am not sure what the draw weight of the bow would have to do with it operating properly. As long as the cables move enough to pull up and release the rest it should work.....correct? I am still new too, so I am probably missing something.

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
A friend has the TR Revolution, which I like, but he is set up at 65#'s. Thoughts??? Thanks.
I just started shooting that rest about a month ago and really like it. Your poundage has nothing to do with the rest performance so if you like way your friend's functions, try one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts