Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I was out of the market for a couples of years .

and now I would like to buy myself a new sight . what I want is...

- 5 pins sight 0.19 and bright.
- Long mount, I mean the further away the pins, the better . Like the spothogg or the copper john pro3
- pins not overlapping
- no vertical technology (can't get used to my Vital bow gear with vt....)

that's pretty much it. the rest doesn't really matter to me.

Now other that the hogg it and the copper john pro, is there anything good or new?

this will go on a RH bowtech blacknight #60, 27", with a muzzy zero.

TIA
stef :)

·
Banned
910 Posts
i am hearing on here CJ has a suprise next year in term of pin sights. the CJ proII and II suck in terms of making windage and pin housing elevation adj. The Spott hogg is really some kinda sight. No pin sight to date can touch it.You cant go wrong with it. they also re-sale used on the trader forum at 2/3rd cost and go fast.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think ill reccomend the Viper Predator Pro MT its a great sight, built like nails, and it has all of the above features at only 120 for silver or black.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Sounds like you need a Sword Apex 3rd plane...
Give them a call at 606 666-7612 your wish will come true.
Do a search on Sword and see the reviews of the many happy Sword owners.

Attachments

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and a Sword Apex 3rd plane I got ! :)

and I love it.

really well built, easy to move the pins or aperture.

it's a Major league sight...

thanks to all for their help.

stef

·
Registered
265 Posts
Another vote for the Sword Apex 3rd Plane sight! I absolutely love this thing! It comes with a light, has a lens retainer ring and o-ring if you ever want to put in a lense for some target shooting, and 3rd axis adjustment! There are many details that you'll notice when you have one that go to show how much Sword really thought about when they made this product

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
im looking for a new sight with the same specifications. how much did that sword cost? also If anyone could help but what are the ins and outs of the spot hogg hogg-it? and is it hard aiming with 7 pins?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sword Apex 3rd Plane. pm speedcam he'll set you up. 7 pins are no problem at all.

Greg

·
Registered
689 Posts
I just bought a Sword Third axis micro for a new bow I'm setting up. I sold my CJ to buy another for my primary bow. Not to say the CJ is not a good sight, it is, but I like the sword a little better. Really nice sight, well built, easy to adjust, all for around $100. Hard to beat.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
bullseye7 said:
Another vote for the Sword Apex 3rd Plane sight! I absolutely love this thing! It comes with a light, has a lens retainer ring and o-ring if you ever want to put in a lense for some target shooting, and 3rd axis adjustment! There are many details that you'll notice when you have one that go to show how much Sword really thought about when they made this product
Looks nice - what pins are those? .19? .10?

Any quiver issues with the adj. knob?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Those look like .019 pins (what I use also). Some quivers don't clear. I use an Alpine Soft Loc w/ zero issues.

Greg

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
knob....

78Staff said:

if you take the Knob off and use the set screw to tighten it in place, you can use quivers on it from what we have dicovered.
but if you want to use for hunting. go with a Twilight hunter either black or camo......

speed

ps.... Greg thanks for the kind words!! hope your still enjoying yours!

·
Registered
265 Posts
78Staff said:

Those are the .19 size pins. I also have .29 and .10 to swap if I ever feel like it. I haven't put a quiver on yet, but it doesn't look like a problem for the detachable Hoyt quiver that I have or similar designs like the bohning detachables.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
mine came with 6 pins but I beleive I will remove the last one, 5 pins are plenty for me. it gets a bit confusing with that many pins....

that being said , I love the sight.

stef

1 - 15 of 15 Posts